Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Universal Caller ID on TV

New Poster

Universal Caller ID on TV

My caller ID on TV has not been working for some time now.  I have a neighbor who says his is not working as well.  I love the feature.  Please help me.  I've done everything in your instructions and to no avail.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Universal Caller ID on TV

Hello,

Please provide us more details on the problem you are having?

You mentioned you have followed the instructions but what instructions have you followed?

What errors if any are you getting? Have you called 1-800 comcast and reported the problem if so what did they suggest?

Have you tried doing a search and see if other customers had the same problem and how did they fix it?

New Poster

Re: Universal Caller ID on TV

OK, I read on the tech support page about installing caller ID and thought maybe I had a problem with activating caller ID.  So, I went to the menu on the TV using the comcast remote and went to interactive TV the way the instructions said to.  Then I went to notifications and turned the caller ID off.  I waited a few minutes then followed the same instructions and turned it back on.  It does not work.  But something strange is happening also.  Twice when I have awaken in the morning, there is no time or anythink on the cable box.  I look at other electronics in the house and there has been no power outage.  So I turn the TV on and its OK except for the caller ID.  That is a puzzle to me. I have never gotten an error message either.