Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Universal Caller ID on TV, and PC

Frequent Visitor

Universal Caller ID on TV, and PC

I'm confused, from what I have been reading, it seems that none of the caller id issues have been resolved since the beginning when the feature was offered.  I don't think they (tech support) plan to correct the problems, and do plan on the Support Forums to supply the answers, i.e... Us.  They probably scan these reports, and watch what we do to fix the issues.  Well I am getting tired of trying to tell them what they should do, because it goes in one ear, and out the other. They do not even know what they are talking about.

My TV caller id doesn't work, because they have the wrong "On-Screen-Guide software loaded in my cable box, and they can't figure out how to get me the correct software for my Cisco RNG200N HD DVR, and I told them the right load, and still do not seem to make them understand. This is true for Voice, Internet, and TV techs. They have no true geeks on their payroll.  I use to love spending my time trouble shooting my software, but I am not trying to do the work of technicians, who are not qualified. So, maybe I can get through to the customer billing personnel. They may know there jobs a little better than the techs.

I accept any comments on my post, especially if there is a fix for the lack of communications between the customer, and Comcast, our Communication Company.

Cable Expert

Re: Universal Caller ID on TV, and PC

The UCID on TV on the Cisco and SA boxes is not yet available.  It is coming soon, possibly by the end of 2012 for many Cisco area's once headend & guide software gets deployed.  They can't deploy something that is not yet available.

Right now the UCID on TV and PC is only on the Motorola systems.  The same for the UCID on PC, which is not working well for anybody.  You would not have this no matter what Cisco / SA cable box you have.

You will get communication from Comcast once it is really available to you.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Re: Universal Caller ID on TV, and PC

Join the crowd.  I tried 3 times to get an answer as to whether or not caller ID on the TV was available in my area.  I got different answers thru Comcast chat.  One said it was not available in my area and the other two said that I had to exchange my DVR because it wasn't compatible with the TV caller ID.  Yesterday a Comcast tech was next door and I asked him the same question.  He said it was not available in my area and to exchange the DVR would be a waste of time.  I have absolutely no idea what to believe.  FYI, there are 13 houses on my street and 3 have Comcast.  Guess who the others 10 have?  I wonder why.  "Good" customer service is a thing of the past.