Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Universal Caller ID on PC

New Poster

Universal Caller ID on PC

I have Xfinity Voice and Internet.  I can't get Universal Caller ID to work on my PC.  I have installed Adobe Air and downloaded caller id from comcast site.  My computer meets requirements.  It shows I am logged in, but when the phone rings, nothing pops up.  

Cable Expert

Re: Universal Caller ID on PC

You must be on a Motorola equipped cable system with Comcast triple play.  These systems also show called ID on the TV screen of a full cable box.

If your on a Scientific Atlanta / Cisco equipped system, UCID on pc or TV is not yet available to you.  It is coming after Guide 2.0 is rolled out.

If you have Motorola equipment and Triple play, then it would be a coding issue with your account that a Comcast support agent must handle.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I also have Xfinity Voice and Internet which was installed on 07.10.2012 and could not get the universal ID to work so I called Comcast and they told me that I would have to wait for 6 to 24 hours before that system to kick in. So 12 hours later I called back and they entered some codes and whallah!! Everything works fine now. 

New Poster

Do have Triple Play and having the same problem.  Motorola and started this around 7/5 and still having trouble as I can not login. Tech told me all I had to do was load and login...not working???