Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Universal Call\er ID not working

Frequent Visitor

Universal Call\er ID not working

Since upgrade pushed out to PC Universal ID not working. pop up advising updated version is available appears and when you click to update it fails and displays Error Code 0-

Tried to remove the Universal Caller ID via Control Panel and it fails to remove stating that the path for the file is incorrect.

Also tried to install from desktop short-cut and it states that there is a problem with the installation file.

It appears that there is a MAJOR bug in the update that was pushed out a few weeks ago and it would be a good idea for Comcast to advise it's customers that they are aware of the issue and what the status is.

The post on the forums and internet clearly show that there was some sort of bug or compatibility issue with the update that caused these issues.

New Poster

Re: Universal Call\er ID not working

The same thing happened to me. I called Comcast and the person had not heard of this, and the computer was down as well. So I just uninstalled the old universal id, and went to the website and installed the new version. It worked fine. I am annoyed, however, by the continuous popping up of the caller id screen when I'm working (not when the phone rings - that would be expected - but every couple minutes, I'm interrupted by the screen so be forewarned!).

Regular Visitor

why we are not working.

Regular Visitor

now I wish I was with dish. Everthing work

New Poster

I am having the same problem with caller ID. It is very annoying, I have tried to uninstall the ID several times and reinstall it, but still have same problem. I also called customer service and got same response that they didn't know what I was talking about. The caller ID worked fine before the upgrade I wish comcast would just go back to the original version . Thank You

Regular Visitor

I had the same problem on my Mac. Comcast acted like they didn't know what I was talking about. Spoke to 3 different technicians - no help. Finally was able to uninstall on my own and download "new" version. Works OK, but not as good as the original. It won't stay connected. Every time my Mac goes to sleep, it disconnects. If my phone rings when I've wakened my Mac, and I haven't manually connected Caller ID again, it doesn't appear. Why can't it stay connected when the computer sleeps (not shutdown)? the old version did...