Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Unhappy Customer

New Poster

Unhappy Customer

Received a letter from Movers Edge about the ease of transferring service for my upcoming move.  Letter gave me directions to call with my new address and to ask about a $200.00 gift card.  I called had a transfer set up on April 3rd, 2013 and had my service changed with differnt programing.  I was told the transfer  was set up and that my new package with a two year commitment qualifited for a $250.00 gift card.  I then needed to go through a third party confirmation.  Frist time I attempted to do this I was disconnected, second time I got through, I found out my phone number had changed and not transtered.  I then needed to cal back to customer service to get that fixed.  

Meanwhile on April 3rd, 2013 my phone was disconnected at the 72nd Ave household, even though my service was not to be transferred until Saturday April 6, 2013.  Called technical support and had to have that fixed.

Saturday April 6, service at the 72nd ave is stopped.  I packed up all the equipment and moved it to the 84th Pl address.  As this transfer was a self install, I installed the equiment as I was instructed to do.  No service, called technical support and evidentially I was suppose to call and activate my equipment.  Was not told that I needed to do this at the original request for the transfer.  I then spent the next 1.5 hours on the phone with technical support to get my equipemnt running.  Phone, TV and Internet all are working at this point.

Monday April 8, phone is no longer working.  Called technical support and they claimed that I had an open work order on my account that should have been closed and that this was causing an issue.  Tech took my cell phone number and told me he would get the work order closed and get my phone working and call me to confirm.  Never heard back.

In the meantime on Monday I called to see if my cable package had been update as discussed on the initial transfer call and i what the process was for the $250.00 gift card.  No record of my service being changed and no only that, but I would not be eligable for the gift card as this was for new customers only.  Customer service at this point offered to reduce my service by $10.00 and said she would forward my issues to a supervisor and that someone would bet back to me.  Never heard back.

Wednesday April 10, decided to call technical support about my phone which was sitll not working.  Got a tech that was able to get my phone working.  But, once I got home I discovered that I could receive calls, but I had no dial tone and could not make out going calls.

Thursday April 11, called technical support agian to try and fix the phone, as I can only receive calls and can not make any out going calls.  Tech ran diagnostics on the equiipemnt saw nothing wrong and said I would need to set up a service call to check out the issue.  Not only would I need to have someone come out to the house, but there may be a fee for the serive call.

I am completly beside myself, this should have been a simple transfer of service.  The amount of time I have had to spend on the phone to get service to my house is crazy.  And it still does not completely work.  I need a tech to come to my house to get my phone to work and I may have to pay a fee?  

I have been a Comcast customer for a long time and can not believe that amount of agravation I have gone through for this move.  It is stressfull enought to just move, but to have these issues for somehting that should have  been a very easy transfer is unacceptable.

Unhappy in Maple Grove

Chris