Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Unavailable & Anonymous IDs

New Poster

Unavailable & Anonymous IDs

I get about 2 calls a day from Unavailable/Anonymous callers despite having selected to block such callers in my Preferences.  These calls disrupt my sleep and cause me to run to the phone needlessly.

I read from one person that: "ComcastNick wrote:

Anonymous Call Rejection feature will block any caller who has caller id blocked.  It will not block callers with out of area or unknown that show up on your caller id."

What can be done Comcast to end these irritating calls?

PS. I'm very glad Comcast expanded the block number list to 25!

Service Expert

Re: Unavailable & Anonymous IDs

littletime wrote:

I get about 2 calls a day from Unavailable/Anonymous callers despite having selected to block such callers in my Preferences.  These calls disrupt my sleep and cause me to run to the phone needlessly.

I read from one person that: "ComcastNick wrote:

Anonymous Call Rejection feature will block any caller who has caller id blocked.  It will not block callers with out of area or unknown that show up on your caller id."

What can be done Comcast to end these irritating calls?

PS. I'm very glad Comcast expanded the block number list to 25!

Even wuith the recent ruling that telephone providers "should" block these calls, it did not mandate that ruling into law...  therefore, telephone providers will take their sweet time in doing anything to implement this....

Fortunately there is a company named NOMOROBO that works quite well with your Comcast VOIP system....  you can look here first   www.nomorobo,com...  and if you like what you see/hear then you can read this:  http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/phone/nomorobo/

I use it myself....

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

I'm a nomorobo fan as well but it will not block numbers that say anonymous or unavailable.

Service Expert

Xzero wrote:

I'm a nomorobo fan as well but it will not block numbers that say anonymous or unavailable.

I agree.... but I have also turned on my Call Blocking for Anonymous and for the most part, it does work...there is the occasional "smarty-pants' spammer that does get thru but I ignore anything that shows up in callerid with that description.....

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Contributor

I tried the Xfinity anonymous blocker and it works like it should BUT I missed a call from my doctor's office.  When I called them the nurse said she had tried to call me but could not get through.  She said her switchboard only sent out the extension number and the blocker would stop it.  So I turned it off, important to me to get doctor's calls.  I just don't anwer anomymous call and let them go to my answering machine.

So here's my layers of protection:

Nomorobo stops known spammers and I add to their list through their website.

Xfinity's call blocker stops 25 numbers I have added.  Wish the list could be about 100 numbers.  At least they are listed in the order you add them now so I delete the oldest ones first to add new numbers.

Home answering/phone system has audio monitor to hear message being left by caller.  Most spammers are programmed to hang up after three rings so machine is set to answer on fourth.

Service Expert

Nice set-up for other users to read and hopefully follow!!!

Thanks!!!

-=Ray=-

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon