Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Unable to setup voicemail for comcast voice

Regular Visitor

Unable to setup voicemail for comcast voice

I did not have voicemail with my old telephone service. Since switching over comcast cable modem I wanted to try the voicemail service for my home phone so I could do away with my answering machine. When I try to setup voicemail on my homephone do not get setup instructions/options - the program immediately plays "The mailbox number you are trying to reach is not in service." I see many posts with customers unable to use voicemail. What could be causing this.

Official Employee

Re: Unable to setup voicemail for comcast voice

Is voicemail service active on your account?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Re: Unable to setup voicemail for comcast voice

Thank you for your interest in my question. The day after sending it in I was able to access the setup menu and could have activated it if desired. I decided to continue using the telephone answering device as a lot of our travels take us where our cell phones are unusable. The voice mail feature is nice to have available but we will not be using it at this time.

Thanks again for your reply - Bob Jarvis, another satisfied Xfinity/Comcast customer.