New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Unable to edit voice preferences

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Unable to edit voice preferences

To use the Nomorobo app to avoid robo calls, I am required to go to the page for editing my Xfinity Voice preferences, at https://pf.connect.comcast.net/OptimusUIPref/oxvoice.html

Per the instructions at https://www.nomorobo.com/phone I need to Enable my phone by using the link above.

The instructions say "Login to your XFINITY Connect Portal. Click the Preferences tab. Click Voice. Click Edit Advanced Call Forwarding. View your existing Advanced Call Forwarding set up. Then click Add. Then enter the number 202 813 1600 into the list.

The problem is that whenever I go there, and whatever browser I use (my preferred browser is Firefox) I get a status report that says that the editing of both "Call Forwarding and Rings" and "Call Blocking" are "temporarily unavailable".

Searching the forums I've found that many other people have had this same problem. For some, the problem was apparently resolved by someone "refreshing" their account.

Here is an example, where "ComcastJoe Tru" refreshed someone's account and apparently that resolved the issue.

Can someone help me resolve this issue so that I may use the Nomorobo app?

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to edit voice preferences

Hi Banff. I can help with attempting the refresh to see if that will help your ability to setup nomorobo. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

View answer in context
Service Expert

Banff,

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi Banff. I can help with attempting the refresh to see if that will help your ability to setup nomorobo. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon