members

online now

discussions

Unable to check voicemail online

ANSWERED
New Poster

Hi -

I signed up for Digital Voice in July 2009 and haven't been able to access voicemail online ever. We couldn't check it via the phone at first either, which was resolved in August ..but nobody has been able to figure out how to fix it so I can access the voicemail on the site.  Having access to this feature would be great since it's one of the selling points of the service and I'm going to be out of town a lot. I get a "General Failure" when trying to log into Digital Voice using my number and "Authentication failed" with my email. This is new..previously it would show me my logs of calls but then also say Voicemail was not a feature on my account.

If anyone can help with this issue, that would be great. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to check voicemail online

Hello ssciascia,

Your account should be fixed now and you should be able to access your voice from the web site. Please let us know.

View answer in context
Official Employee

Hello ssciascia,

Your account should be fixed now and you should be able to access your voice from the web site. Please let us know.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

THANK YOU! I can check it online now. Amazing. I'm glad I stumbled across these forums as the chat and phone people couldn't fix the issue.

Have a great holiday weekend. Smiley Happy 

Frequent Visitor

What is the solution?   I have the same problem, and there's been several tickets out to Comcast about this.  but it still isn't fixed.

HELP!!  What got done?

Frequent Visitor

Hi.  As I wrote, I have the same problem, and I've been on the phone with tech, but no help.

How did this get resolved?  There's no thread, note, indication of HOW it got fixed, just that it did.

I'd greatly appreciate getting mine taken care of, since I'd also like to use my iPod Touch Mobile App again.  It was extremely useful...even was able to get voice mails in China.

Carolyn

Official Employee

Hello cj7,

ssciascia's account had a different issue than your account.  For yours, basically, smartzone saw the telephone number as suspended.  We've corrected that issue and your voicemail should now be accessible via smartzone.  Very sorry for the inconvenience.  Please let us know whether or not it is working now.

Thanks,

aorapal

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks so much.  I'm back in business.  FYI....I had to uninstall and reinstall the Comcast Mobile App for iPhone/iPodTouch in order to get it all working together.  Also had to sign out and sign back in to gain access via a browser on my computer.  But everything's up and running as it's supposed to.

Kudos.

Carolyn

Customer Expert
Moved:

Posting a new problem in a solved thread is probably not a good idea. I've split this out into a separate thread. Follow the link above.

Regular Visitor

At my request COMCAST changed my phone number several months ago. With the old number Voice Mail worked fine with both using the phone and going online in SmartZone. With the new phone number Voice Mail still works fine with the phone but does not work in SmartZone. The SmartZone Voice-VoiceMail page displays "Voice Mail is not available but you can still access calls logs and calling management features in the call manager preferences". I did LiveChat and got bumped up several levels after each level failed to fix the problem. Engineering was supposed to call a month ago but never did. The problem sounds like one of the earlier posts here: the Digital Voice computers see my new number as suspended; probably the sales rep who changed my number failed to activate VocieMail on my new number. I really wish COMCAST would correct this. I also have a problem with Norton Security Suite which COMCAST and Norton/Symantec have failed to fix. I want to upgrade some COMCAST services but am unwilling to do this if COMCAST cannot fix my current problems.

New Poster

How do I check the voice mail - on the phone or on line?

Sheila

Problem Solver

Sheila,

Go to this link (<-- clickable) and read about all the ways to access your voice mail.

Connection Expert

There are several ways to access your Comcast Voice Mail:

Dial *99
From home:

1. Dial *99
  2. Enter your password when prompted

Dial your home telephone number
From home:

1. Dial your home telephone number
  2. Enter your password when prompted

Away from home:

1. Dial your home telephone number
  2. When your personal greeting begins to play, press #
  3. Enter your password when prompted

As a subscriber to Comcast Digital Voice, you also have the option of listening to your messages online. 

If you have both Comcast Digital Voice and High-Speed Internet service, we recommend using the SmartZone Communication Center.  To access SmartZone, follow these steps:

1. Access SmartZone from www.comcast.net
  2. Select the Email icon
  3. Enter primary user name and password
  4. Click the Voice tab and your call records will display 

If you have only Comcast Digital Voice:

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I had this problem, and had to get it resolved through the telephone service part of Comcast.  In my case, my telephone number was in the system as 'suspended' so when I went online, it appeared as though I did not have Comcast digital voice at all.  It seemed to be a matter of getting the telephone people to recognize this in the system and to connect the telephone number with the rest of the SmartZone account. 

Good luck.  It's hard to find someone who figures out how to do this. 

Regular Visitor

I can't get my voicemails online anymore either. When i click on listen to voicemail nothing happens. Can you do the same magic for me too?

Official Employee

Hello kkeenan123,

I do not see anything wrong with your account.  Are you still having a problem?  If so we would be happy to help.  Please start a new thread and provide as much detail as possible about the problem, including exact steps to reproduce and exact error message you are receiving.

Thanks,

aorapal

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

What I found was that unless the account was being accessed via the telephone services, the problem didn't show up.  I kept getting told that there wasn't anything wrong, either.  Technically, no.  But from the viewpoint of the accounting section, my telephone number (not the telephone itself, mind you) was in 'suspend mode'....Go figure.  Call the telephone part of Comcast.

good luck.

New Poster

I am having a similar problem but am getting this error on the online voicemail page

Access to call records has been disabled.   [Error DVC-253]
I am also not getting the calls showing on my digital tv display...
Recently had 1 of our numbers turned off.  Maybe that has something to do with it.  Account is rhenry1.  Thank you for any help.
Cable Expert

Riri313 wrote:

You have posted onto a already solved thread from 2010.

Please make a new post with details specific to your issue.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark it as a solution!solution Icon