Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Unable to Receive Incoming Local Calls

New Poster

Unable to Receive Incoming Local Calls

So I jumped the bandwagon and switched back to Comcast from FIOS.  Why???  Well they offered same for $70 less.  Unfortunately, my phone service is not working correctly.  I was never told to not disconnect my Verizon phone before installation.  I did and could not have number ported.  So I had to have Verizon re-establish it.  Omce they did, something was not right as dialing the number said it was not in service.  Verizon said it was fine to port though.  Called Comcast and they said they would take care of it.  Well, it was not.  First, I was only able to make outgoing calls.  Called them and they said someone did not complete order!  Called that night, said it would be up in 2 hours and I would get a call back.  Never got a call back and never resolved.  2 days later it appeared to be working.  I called my house from cell phone and got through, called from work and got through, asked my parents to call and they could not said it was disconnected.  Thinking maybe they dialed the wrong number, I stopped at their house which is 5 minutes away.  Called and got "Number is not in service message".  Called Comcast again.  Told some did not complete order again or something of that nature.  Two weeks later my phone is still not working 100%.  Comcast said they were looking into this and nothing has been resolved.  I even called Verizon seeing if they could see if it was something on their end and no luck.  I am really regretting leaving FIOS.

New Poster

Re: Unable to Receive Incoming Local Calls

It sounds like maybe your number may still be in the phone switch or translations to FIOS. Is your parents telephone carrier currantly with FIOS?

New Poster

Thanks for replying.  Yes, parents number and also a neighbor both have FIOS and both can not get through.  I did call Verizon myself the other night and they say everything looks fine at their end.  At this point, I don't care whose issue it is.  Comcast has taken ownership, so now they should be resolving this issue.

Cable Expert

To get help, you can contact Comcast Corporate Customer Service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com) Send a link to this thread and your account details. You can also ask for help in the Broadband Reports Comcast Direct Forum or via Twitter.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon