New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Two phones on the same line listening to one call

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Two phones on the same line listening to one call

Is it possible to have two phones on the same line simultaneously listen to the same call? I used to be able to do this before the transition to Digital Voice. Now it's a first-come-first-serve basis. Whichever phone answers the call controls and the other phone receives dead air.
Accepted Solution

Re: Two phones on the same line listening to one call

Thanks for replying.
After doing some testing it turns out the problem exists in the order of answering a call. If you answer with one phone #2 then pick up with phone #1 then both phones handle the call. Answer with phone #1 and pick up with phone #2 then only phone #1 handles the call and phone #2 receives dead air.
This appears to be a problem with phone #1, so I think I've got this problem covered.
View answer in context
Frequent Visitor

BUMP
Bronze Problem Solver

hello computervoodo,

you are able to use two phones on the same line with CDV. my wife and i speak to the inlaws this way many times each week. my inlaws phones however do not do this. i was able to determine this was a phone setting. if you wish, please email me and i will schedule a tech to visit to verify the CDV service is working correctly.

George Lunski
"Retired" Comcast Help Forums Administrator

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for replying.
After doing some testing it turns out the problem exists in the order of answering a call. If you answer with one phone #2 then pick up with phone #1 then both phones handle the call. Answer with phone #1 and pick up with phone #2 then only phone #1 handles the call and phone #2 receives dead air.
This appears to be a problem with phone #1, so I think I've got this problem covered.