Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Ttext messaging on my older Verizon LG flip phone?

ANSWERED
New Poster

Ttext messaging on my older Verizon LG flip phone?

How do I set up text messaging on my older Verizon LG flip phone? I chatted with a tech this morning and she was no help. The Xfinity mobil app is not compatible with my LG flip phone. My monthly fee will double if I upgrade to a smartphone according to the Verizon folks at Costco.

I only want text ability from April 1 - April 30 to accomdate Canadian friends who will be in the U.S.

Accepted Solution

Re: Ttext messaging on my older Verizon LG flip ph

adjjac wrote:

How do I set up text messaging on my older Verizon LG flip phone? I chatted with a tech this morning and she was no help. The Xfinity mobil app is not compatible with my LG flip phone. My monthly fee will double if I upgrade to a smartphone according to the Verizon folks at Costco.

I only want text ability from April 1 - April 30 to accomdate Canadian friends who will be in the U.S.

You will need to discuss this with the folks @ Verizon

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

View answer in context
Service Expert

adjjac wrote:

You will need to discuss this with the folks @ Verizon

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Thanks. Realized it was a Verizon issue and resolved it. Cheers!

Service Expert

adjjac wrote:

Thanks. Realized it was a Verizon issue and resolved it. Cheers!

Glad you got it resolved.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon