Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Trying to fax

New Poster

Trying to fax

I am trying to send a fax and it continues to fail, I have put a DSL filter on the line with no improvement. I'm looking for any suggestion that may help. I need to be able to fax because of changes at work. I have cable, voice and internet service.

Cable Expert

Re: Trying to fax

Since DSL frequencies are never carried on the output of a eMTA, the filter would never help.

You don't say if your using a stand alone fax machine, a combo printer / scanner / fax or the fax modem and fax software built into Windows 7.

Many times slowing down the baud rate in the fax settings will get the fax through. 

You haven't even said if the fax machine / fax printer / fax modem is grabbing the phone line and dialing out or not.  Is the other end even answering?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Trying to fax

I have a combination printer/scanner/fax and it does not ever show the at the connection has been made. It always shows connecting but never completes the connection. I will try to slow down the baud rate and see if that helps. Thank you.