Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Trouble with phone

New Poster

Trouble with phone

I cannot call out.    Phone beeps as if the phone is off the hook.   Messages get sent directly to my computer.    I thought it might be my phone, so I bought a new phone and the same thing is happening.

New Poster

Re: Trouble with phone

having various issues with online account

New Poster

So what do I do now?

New Poster

I have had this same problem for 7 days now.  I have also bought a new phone because I was told it must be my phone, it's not my phone.  I am getting nothing but a run around from comcast. 

New Poster

I likewise had trouble receiving calls. Calls would jump directly to voicemail or the caller would be getting a busy signal. My phone was dead or would give me a busy signal when I picked up the handset. The solution was to disconnect power to my router first, then press the reset button on the back of my voice and Internet modem for five seconds. Wait until all the lights come back on and then reconnect the power back to my router. Some modem reset buttons require a small object like it ballpoint pen to reach the recessed button. There is a short video on troubleshooting voice on Comcast that goes over these points if you want to see that. Best wishes.
New Poster

I am having the same problem!!  Calls can come in but I can not call out.  The dial tone never stops when I dial and then I get a busy signal.  Have called several time and they tell me they fixed it but still having the same problem.  Also, my caller id that used to come across my tv is not working.

New Poster

I am having the same problem.  Was considering going out to buy a new phone but after reading this, I am glad I didnt.     This has been an on and off problem for over 2 months now!!! Very frustrating

New Poster

Phone is constantly busy and all incoming calls go to voicemail.  Can't make any calls or receive any.