Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Triple play offer, but don't want voice

Contributor

Triple play offer, but don't want voice

My double play is running out, so I called Customer Service to see what kind of offer that they had for my area. No double play offers were available, but the rep stated that triple play would cost me the same as I was paying for double. I told her that I wasn't interested in voice, and just wanted internet and digital TV. She stated that I didn't have to use voice, but it was being offered with the deal, if you did want it. She went on to say that I wouldn't have to do anything, nothing would change, no extra fees, no service tech call, in other words, it would remain just as it is and the bill would remain the same amount, but the only difference would be it would show triple play. She said this was a no contract deal and it would run out April 30, 2018. I agreed to it, under those circumstances, but now, I'm concerned about this, and wondering if what I was told is the truth??? If you have the answer for this, I would appreciate hearing it. Thanks, in advance!

Service Expert

Re: Triple play offer, but don't want voice

JJLC wrote:

My double play is running out, so I called Customer Service to see what kind of offer that they had for my area. No double play offers were available, but the rep stated that triple play would cost me the same as I was paying for double. I told her that I wasn't interested in voice, and just wanted internet and digital TV. She stated that I didn't have to use voice, but it was being offered with the deal, if you did want it. She went on to say that I wouldn't have to do anything, nothing would change, no extra fees, no service tech call, in other words, it would remain just as it is and the bill would remain the same amount, but the only difference would be it would show triple play. She said this was a no contract deal and it would run out April 30, 2018. I agreed to it, under those circumstances, but now, I'm concerned about this, and wondering if what I was told is the truth??? If you have the answer for this, I would appreciate hearing it. Thanks, in advance!

There are many instances where a triple-play deal is used and the customer elects NOT to use the Voice side....  Since you also received a no-contract deal. you should feel safe in knowing you did the right thing.  I did this for a couple of years before downgrading upon retirement,

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Re: Triple play offer, but don't want voice

I haven't rec'd a verification email yet, so I'm waiting to on that. It does show on my acct. voice pending.

When you had the triple play, and didn't use voice, did everything remain the same, as when you just had double play? I'm just concerned, because I can't afford to pay any more than I already am paying; and to me, it seems strange that they couldn't just give me the double play, rather than making it triple play, beings she stated it would be the exact same price. Weird, I think.