Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Tried Readable Voice Mail Now My Home Answering Machine Doesn't Pick Up

Frequent Visitor

Tried Readable Voice Mail Now My Home Answering Machine Doesn't Pick Up

I clicked on to try the readable voicemail. I have a home answering machine and it always picked up before Comcast voice mail did. But now my calls go directly to the readable voicemail and I don't like it. Sometimes it reads as nonsense words. I also cannot find the settings for how many rings for Comcast voicemail so I can make it higher than my own answering machine. I want to switch back to my home answering machine.
I've had SO many problems with Comcast/Exfinity Voice but this one is driving me crazy. Half the time I try to look at settings, I get an unavailable message. Sometimes they want me to get a PIN and when I try to go to the page it won't load and it goes nowhere. ARGH!

I'll not even go into the phones not working at random times and all my services getting reset constantly. Not a happy camper.

Service Expert

Re: Tried Readable Voice Mail Now My Home Answering Machine Doesn't Pick Up

bjkgarden wrote:

I clicked on to try the readable voicemail. I have a home answering machine and it always picked up before Comcast voice mail did. But now my calls go directly to the readable voicemail and I don't like it. Sometimes it reads as nonsense words. I also cannot find the settings for how many rings for Comcast voicemail so I can make it higher than my own answering machine. I want to switch back to my home answering machine.
I've had SO many problems with Comcast/Exfinity Voice but this one is driving me crazy. Half the time I try to look at settings, I get an unavailable message. Sometimes they want me to get a PIN and when I try to go to the page it won't load and it goes nowhere. ARGH!

I'll not even go into the phones not working at random times and all my services getting reset constantly. Not a happy camper.

After you have logged into your Account online, goto VOICE & TEXT...Once there click on PREFERENCES...click on VOICE....click on ADVANCED CALL FORWARDING.... ensure your number is listed (added) and you can then change the number of rings to receive BEFORE the call is forwarded to the Comcast VoiceMail system....

And just prior to that, you can select the email notification as well for text transcripts of VM's....

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Tried Readable Voice Mail Now My Home Answering Machine Doesn't Pick Up

Thank you! Done and done. I couldn't even acces the preferences for a while, though. I'm constantly having issues with all Comcast service.