Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Transferring Comcast Phone Number

New Poster

Transferring Comcast Phone Number

We moved within the same area code, from Petaluma to Vallejo. We were promised we could keep the same 707 area code phone number. When the equipment was installed, we discovered the phone number had changed. We called, were told it would take 2 days to fix. 3 days later, not fixed. Called back, told that the old number had "probably been re-assigned" (it hasn't been) and then told the number couldn't be transferred because of "rate center" issues. Being given two different contradictory excuses is not good customer service. Being transferred to "Customer Loyalty" department and then having somebody try to talk over me when I am telling them about the issue, this is completely unacceptable. I need an executive escalation to fix this matter; there is no possible reason for promising something and then making excuses, and no excuse for having a CSR interrupt me by trying to yell over me. And it is completely unacceptable to ask us to spend a week changing the phone number on hundreds of online accounts. We've had the same phone number ever since we've had a Comcast account, and to not be able to transfer it is damaging to our businesses. Fix this, Comcast, or tell us what you are going to do to compensate us for your inability to complete your promises?

Official Employee

Re: Transferring Comcast Phone Number

Hi Enuminous, I apologize for your experiences. If still having issues please respond to my private message and I can research this further and see if we can transfer the number over for you.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon