Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Too Many Telemarketing Calls

New Poster

Too Many Telemarketing Calls

Does anyone know how to have Comcast stop selling your phone number?   I have my number Unlisted I've also registered and confirmed that my number is on the Do Not Call registry however I still get about 2-5 telemarketing calls a day.   I've never had this problem before we got Xfinity Voice so I know Comcast is selling my information.   How can I get my number on a do not sell list?   I work from home and it's VERY annyoing to get these calls.   To the point that my next option is to cancel xfinity voice.

Official Employee

Re: Too Many Telemarketing Calls

When you switched to Xfinity Voice, did you get a new phone number? If you registered the new phone number on National Do Not Call Registry, "Most telemarketers will be required to stop calling you 31 days from your registration date." per that web site. Also, there is a state level Do Not Call Registry.

If your phone number is ported to Comcast, see the following from

http://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Customers/Policies/CustomerPrivacy.html

How do I place myself on Comcast’s “do not call” and “do not mail” lists?

You may contact Comcast at 1-800-XFINITY to ask us to put your name on our internal company “do not call” and “do not mail” lists so that you do not receive marketing or promotional telephone calls or postal mail from us or made at our request.  You also have the right to prohibit or limit disclosure of your personally identifiable information for “mailing list” or other purposes as described above in this notice by contacting us at 1-800-XFINITY.

Comcast’s use of your account information for marketing and promotional activities is also subject to your right to limit or restrict us from making those offers as described above in “How do I give or withhold my approval for Comcast to use CPNI to market additional products and services to me?” in this notice.

If you prefer to contact Comcast in writing instead of by telephone, you may send a written request to the address listed below under “How do I contact Comcast?”.  Be sure to include your name and address, your Comcast account number, and a daytime telephone number where you can be reached in the event we have any questions about your request.  The written request should be signed by the person who is identified in our billing records as the subscriber.  If you have a joint account, a request by one party will apply to the entire account.  If you have multiple accounts, your notice must separately identify each account covered by the request.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon