Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

This telephone service needs major improvements!

Frequent Visitor

This telephone service needs major improvements!

A few weeks ago a Comcast rep convinced us to switch our telephone account over from Verizon to Comcast. There was a financial incentive for us and since we had TV and Internet for several years the decision was easy.

1) We have many relatives in Germany, so we are calling quite often. I NEVER EVER had a high quality connection to Germany. Sometimes you can understand what your partner says, but very often I have to ask them to call me back. The service ticket for this issue that Comcast opened for me is still unanswered.

2) Comcast voicemail never liked my answering machine, so I asked last week to turn the voicemail service off. When I talked to the rep I told her that my voicemail light on my telephone is flashing and needs to be reset. She reacted like she never heard anything about a light like that, but promised me to get it turned off. The service was gone after three days, the light was still flashing. Last weekend I called Comcast and asked for that reset again. The mambo jambo was that with the voicemail service turned off  they can't reset the light, Engineering has to do that. Tonight I called them again, talked to a rep and the line got dropped after a few minutes. When I tried to get back to him I was put on hold for 10 minutes, that's when I gave up. I would have expected that they would at least call me back.

I guess I have to live with a flashing voicemail indicator and bad overseas connections until I get so fet up that I bite the bullet, cancel my service and go back to Verizon

OR ... is there anybody who knows what else to do?

Message Edited by WernerG on 08-05-2009 06:37 PM
Message Edited by WernerG on 08-05-2009 06:41 PM
Message Edited by WernerG on 08-05-2009 07:49 PM