Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

The system is currently unable to access your Address Book information (CIDPC 060)

Regular Visitor

The system is currently unable to access your Address Book information (CIDPC 060)

I am using Windows 8 64-bit. I have Xfinity Caller ID installed on my pc. Ever since I installed it, I have been getting an error message stating that my address book information cannot be obtained. I got online with tech support, and let me just say, they have no business in tech support. Useless. Anyway, this wouldn't bother me much, except that every time I get said error message, the app brings itself to the front of any windows I have open. I went on the forums here, and no one seems to be having the same problem. Also, the caller ID on my television isn't displaying the names designated by me (usually a first name or nickname). I don't know whether or not it's supposed to, but if it is, it may be caused by the same error.

Frequent Visitor

Re: The system is currently unable to access your Address Book information (CIDPC 060

You are not the only one, but your search may be too specific.  I've found others, using the term "error CID PC060" with and without Comcast mentioned, but no solution yet and not many with replies.  Since yours was most recent I found, I figured I would chime in here and add a link to 1 other forum that had lots of comments and maybe will point you or someone else in the right direction. 

This post was actually originally notification of updates and then seemed to turn into comments of errors (so the moderator sadly closed it without real solution as "out of control"):
http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Universal-Caller-ID/PC-Caller-ID-Update/td-p/1227699/page/2

In my case (actually a friends computer) the caller ID seems to work, but just pops up the nuisance message periodically - it would be nice if nothing else to just be able to turn off the error messages while leaving caller ID notification active.

Some have reported fix by uninstalling Adobe AIR and Comcast Caller ID, then reinstalling.  This did not work for me (I tried mutliple times, including uninstalling 1 at a time and update only).  I have NOT tried installing an older version of these programs on the problem pc, yet since it works with same newer versions on the other PC - THAT PC however did have an older version of each before, where as this PC has had only the newer "latest" versions.

In my case the computer has a "new" re-installation of Windows Vista business SP2 (32 bit) and the Comcast Caller ID software has always displayed the error you mention about no access to address book (CID PC060).
Interesting thing is the caller ID works on another computer with Vista HOME Sp2 (64 bit) and to see if it was related to newer version of Adobe AIR or the caller ID software, I updated both and that computer has not experienced the same error.

Also for comparison - the "problem" pc has Microsoft Security Essentials for Antivirus and is using Windows built-in firewall.  The "working" pc has Norton v20 thru Comcast and is using Norton's firewall - neither has any of the other Comcast Constant Guard stuff. 

This made me think it was related to the version of Vista - perhaps the default security settings or something which may also be similar in your case with Windows 8 (I see some with Window 7 have mentioned this error).  I know this is not a solution, but hoping maybe someone else will stumble upon this and put the clues together for a solution.

Last thing - I have open ticket with Comcast, but not holding my breath on that one - since I have seen at least 1 with ticket open for several months.  If I find a solution I will try to remember to post it here.  I personally do not want the caller ID software on my PC or my TV - I'd rather not have my view blocked and stick to the "old-fashioned" way of caller ID on my phone, since its cordless its usually at my side but hat's just my preference.  GOOD LUCK!

Regular Visitor

Re: The system is currently unable to access your Address Book information (CIDPC 060

Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one. That makes it a little better at least. I think I'll just uninstall it. There's no way to get rid of the error message, and the cons outweigh the pros.

Frequent Visitor

Your welcome - unfortunately one of the weaknesses of Comcast (and many large companies) is that they can not fully support the products they sell because they are not the ones who actually design the products.

New Poster

I am having the same problem with the same results when calling comcast.  I even spent an hour on a chat with no result.  I don't use comcast for my email but use outlook 2010.  I have nothing in my comcast address book.  This was sent ot a higher level with Comcast and they couldn't help as they didn't know what I was talking about.