Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

The mailbox number that you're trying to reach is not in service.

Frequent Visitor

The mailbox number that you're trying to reach is not in service.

When ever I dial *99 to check my messages, I get that robot lady saying:

"The mailbox number that you're trying to reach is not in service."

This is the first time I've ever had this happen.

I've spoken with customer support about this twice now, and still having the problem.  Is there a comcast employee here that is familiar with this issue and can resolve it?  From what I've read on here, it's just a matter of finding the right agent who knows what button to push on my account.

New Poster

Re: The mailbox number that you're trying to reach is not in service.

Same problem here, eight phone calls today with promises of a return call. These were all untruthful statements, to be kind. My wife was in tears with the frustration this has caused. No one seems to be able to fix our problem nor will they refer us to a higher level. The CEO will get a letter about the lousy customer service comcast has to offer on any major problem. Hopefully they can identify these individuals from the tech codes entries on my account. Gary

New Poster

Did you all ever get answer?  I'm having the same problem.

Regular Visitor

I'm having the same issue. I've tried calling home phone number and *99 but still get same message. I called "Customer Support" and they advised to unplug phone cable for 2 mins and then plugging it back in. Lets see if it works......

Update as of 2/25/14 04:39:

Still not working after unplugging as well as a powercycle of modem/gateway.

Regular Visitor

Called Customer Support line again (MISTAKE!!) and they told me to do the same troubleshooting steps over again. They wanted me to unplug the chord for 2-5 mins and powercycle. I told the rep I had already done this several times and then she wanted me to reset the VM password. Which to me seems like she wasnt understnading the problem because I cant even get into the voice mailbox. So, she rest the Vm passowrd and TOLD ME it was fixed. I stopped her midsentence and told her to hold on while I checked to see if it was working. It still didnt work at the point so she said she would have to put in a ticket to Tier 2 support. We'll see what happens next!!

As a side note, this may sound rude but, I think it makes it harder for them to understand whats going on because of the language diffrences.On several occasions now when calling support, I have had to repeat the problem almost 7-8 times before I felt like they knew what was going on.

New Poster

If it helps, I think you have a right to insist you get someone to help you who is from the USA if you don't want to talk to someone who is having trouble understanding you.  I have done this several times (can't remember if i did it with Comcast) and while they try to tlak you out of it they HAVE to transfer you.  I no longer will put up with talking to someone who doesn't have English as a first language when I'm trying to get help - as soon as i detect they are struggling I ask to be transferred.

Regular Visitor

After calling in and getting the issue to a tier two tech it has finally been resolved. Unfortunately, the tech called at a time when I was aaway from my phone and did not say what he had to do to fix it in the message he left.

New Poster

I DID GET THE SAME PROBLEM I CALLED IN THE THIRD TIME , THE AGENT I SPOKE WITH FROM THE PHILIPPINES NAMED TED!!! IS VERY GOOD, BECAUSE IN MY CASE  VOICEMAIL IS NOT AVAILABLE THRU MY ONLINE ACCOUNT AS WELL (READABLE VOICEMAIL) , SO WHAT HE DID IS. HE RESET MY VOICEMAIL SO THAT WE CANT GET RID OF THE ERROR MESSAGE AND REMOVE THE VOICEMAIL FEATURE IN THE ACCOUNT AS WELL THEN PROVISIONED MY MODEM FOR THE CHANGES TO TAKE EFFECT THEN ADD VOICEMAIL FEATURE ONCE AGAIN   AND WE FINALLY GET RID OF THE ERROR MESSAGE AND RE-SET UP MY  VOICEMAIL.  IT WAS FIXED !! 

New Poster

Well that is so lucky of you cause most of my interaction with foreign agents is not pleasurable. I was having the same concern for long period of time and kept calling and agents kept on filing ticket but never get called backed. This only proves that there is still some CSR that doing beyond what can they see on there screen.. I'll call back and tell the agent to do the same thing thanks.