Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

The mailbox number that you are trying to reach is not in service.....Goodbye

New Poster

The mailbox number that you are trying to reach is not in service.....Goodbye

I had comcast my X1 service installed a few days ago and aparently the tech saw that I had a dial tone and figured all else was cool. I think he forgot to activate the other features that come with phone such as voicemail. I need this feature activated ASAP and I was told I might have to wait 72 hours. Shouldn't this have been done on install?

New Poster

Re: The mailbox number that you are trying to reach is not in service.....Goodbye

What's the answer?  I have had service to this new address for 2 years.  I am trying to avoid calling comcast......a drag.

Frequent Visitor

Re: The mailbox number that you are trying to reach is not in service.....Goodbye

I had this same issue on May 17th.  It took Comcast 6 days to find out my number had been mysteriously dropped from there system and had to be completely re-provisioned.  They could offer no explanation why this happened.  Until I got someone on the phone who had a clue all they wanted to do was send a tech out to my house.  I would not allow that as I knew the problem was not in my home.

New Poster

Well apparently the tech I had earlier around 6pm was just lazy and did not want to llok into the problem himself. The guy that I just got off the phone with was able to spot the problem in 20 seconds by just looking at my accout and deeing that voicemail was never added. Comcast needs to screen some of these horrible techs because they upset customers and give the company a bad rapp.