Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

The Voice Service Cuts Out During My Phone Calls.

New Poster

The Voice Service Cuts Out During My Phone Calls.

For more than one year I have been getting voice interruptions on my phone line.  During some calls I hear the other person’s voice cut out for 1-5 seconds.  This happens once or more on some calls and not at all on other calls - it’s sporadic.  The person I am talking to does not hear any interruption of my voice.  My modem from Comcast is an Arris Mod # TG862G/CT with cable, phone, internet and WiFi.  There are no issues with my TV and Internet service.

I tried all of the following to fix the problem but nothing has helped.

1. I unplugged the modem for several minutes and powered it back on.
  2. I called the Comcast service center. They synchronized my phone and internet service and checked the service coming in to my modem.  They said they detected no problem.
  3. I disconnected my wireless phones and connected a wired phone directly to the modem.
  4. I exchanged my modem for a new one.
  5. I scheduled a Comcast service call. The tech replaced the power converter that supplies my cable splitter.  He said the signal into the house and through the modem was okay.
  6. I moved the modem to the basement so that it was connected directly to the cable entering the house and connected a phone directly to the modem and did not connect the Ethernet.

Based on everything I tried, it appears that there must be problem with the signal entering my house.  What can be done to resolve this issue?  Thanks.

Service Expert

Re: The Voice Service Cuts Out During My Phone Cal

Henry677 wrote:

For more than one year I have been getting voice interruptions on my phone line.  During some calls I hear the other person’s voice cut out for 1-5 seconds.  This happens once or more on some calls and not at all on other calls - it’s sporadic.  The person I am talking to does not hear any interruption of my voice.  My modem from Comcast is an Arris Mod # TG862G/CT with cable, phone, internet and WiFi.  There are no issues with my TV and Internet service.

I tried all of the following to fix the problem but nothing has helped.

1. I unplugged the modem for several minutes and powered it back on.
  2. I called the Comcast service center. They synchronized my phone and internet service and checked the service coming in to my modem.  They said they detected no problem.
  3. I disconnected my wireless phones and connected a wired phone directly to the modem.
  4. I exchanged my modem for a new one.
  5. I scheduled a Comcast service call. The tech replaced the power converter that supplies my cable splitter.  He said the signal into the house and through the modem was okay.
  6. I moved the modem to the basement so that it was connected directly to the cable entering the house and connected a phone directly to the modem and did not connect the Ethernet.

Based on everything I tried, it appears that there must be problem with the signal entering my house.  What can be done to resolve this issue?  Thanks.

You ceretainly did your best at troubleshooting this issue.... it's now time to call Comcast and ask for a Tech to be dispatched to your residence.   The Tech should diagnose and make repairs to your signal/infrastructure issues that are causing the "cut-outs".   NOTE:  All Techs are not equal in skillsets...a different Tech may approach this differently and provide a solution!

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon