Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Terrible Customer Service...stood up by technician.

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Terrible Customer Service...stood up by technician.

I signed up for triple play over a year ago. Recently my phone and internet service has been very sketchy and has gotten progressively worse. I often have no dial tone and internet access freezes. This happens several times throughout the day.

On Sunday morning (7/26/09) I contacted customer service via live chat and was run thru a bunch of tests, but we disconnected shortly before completion. I went on live chat a short while later, was again run thru a bunch of tests, and was told if the problem persisted it was probably the EMTA.

The problem persisted and I went on live chat again and a technician was scheduled to come out on Monday (7/27/09) after 12noon. I took a half day off work to be home.

At 2pm on Monday I went on live chat to confirm that a technician was being sent out that day. I was told the ticket was still open and a techician would be sent out. By 5pm there was still no technician. I went on live chat again and was told I was being given high priority and a technician would contact me shortly. By 6pm still no technician. I again went on live chat and was told the ticket had been closed. Unbelievable!!!

I was asked to reschedule for a techinician visit on Tuesday between 10am-12noon. Since I could not miss anymore work this week and risk losing any more paid hours, I have scheduled a technician for this Saturday (8/1/09) between 12noon-2pm.

Who knows if a technician will show up. If not, I am switching everything over the AT&T because they seem to actually want my business.

Accepted Solution

Re: Terrible Customer Service...stood up by technician.

With the help of CajunTek thru the Internet Security Virus forum my computer is up and running again! I am so glad I posted there and so happy that CajunTek took the time to help me. I owe that person lunch!

And now it looks like Comcast (George) has also come thru for all the trouble I have had in getting my voice and interent fixed. I am equally glad he took the time to help me as well. I will all the Comcast reps were George.

It took some time, but everything appears to be working fine once more.

View answer in context
Bronze Problem Solver

hello rian,

i apologize for this experience. this is unacceptable. i will contact our regional office to make this right.

George Lunski
"Retired" Comcast Help Forums Administrator

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Hi George:

I appreciate your assistance. I had left feedback earlier with Rick Germano and one of his people (Laurie Clark) responded.

Unfortunatley, Laurie took it upon herself to expedite and change my upcoming appointment from 8/1/09 (Saturday) 12noon-2pm to July 30th 10am-12noon. I will NOT be available to meet with a technician until 8/1/09 and have asked her to change the appointment back.

Thank you.

Frequent Visitor

Well George...

My Comcast nightmare has now turned into a bigger nightmare. Laurie Clark from the Office of Rick Germano rescheduled my 8/1/09 12noon-2pm appointment to 7/30/09 10am-12noon without me asking her to do so and when I cannot be home, and I now cannot get my appointment changed back 8/1/09 at any time because there are no openings. And Laurie Clark never responded back to my email asking her to change my appointment back to 8/1/09.

I've had to have 7 live chats and two telephone calls to try and rectify problems with my phone and internet the hole keeps getting deeper.

Please help me!

Bronze Problem Solver

rian,

senior leadership is now reviewing this.

George Lunski
"Retired" Comcast Help Forums Administrator

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your assistance.
Frequent Visitor

Hi George...

Thanks for getting the techs to showup Saturday (8/1/09). However, the problem still exists (everything will work fine for 10-30 minutes, then the phone goes dead and internet freezes up for 1-5 minutes then works again).

The techs (both friendly and competent) did testing and adjusting but they did NOT replace the EMTA.

I will try to get another tech appointment setup thru customer service for Monday morning (8/3/09). If unable to do so, the only other time I will am available will be next Saturday (8/8/09). It would be nice to get this problem fixed.

Maybe they need to replace the EMTA?

Thanks for your help.

Frequent Visitor

Well,

Another tech was sent out today (Vernon) and he replaced the EMTA. It appears to be working fine now. However, during the visits (Saturday and Sunday) the tech(s) evidently left my system vulnerable and it was attacked by a virus. Somebody turned off the virus protection, and I sure didn't. 2 hours after the tech left today (Sunday) my system was attacked.

I had to pay McAfee $89.95 to get rid of the virus!!! And now...

I cannot access most of my applications because I keep getting a pop up windows that say "C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe Application Not Found"

Dealing with Comcast this week has been infuriating. So far it has cost me $92.00 for lost pay on Monday when the tech didn't show up, $89.95 for the McAffe Virus Removal tonight (Sunday), and God only knows how much to get my computer back in working condition.

My computer is so **bleep** up right now. I can't even get McAfee working or downloaded again.

I am NOT a happy customer!

Frequent Visitor

With the help of CajunTek thru the Internet Security Virus forum my computer is up and running again! I am so glad I posted there and so happy that CajunTek took the time to help me. I owe that person lunch!

And now it looks like Comcast (George) has also come thru for all the trouble I have had in getting my voice and interent fixed. I am equally glad he took the time to help me as well. I will all the Comcast reps were George.

It took some time, but everything appears to be working fine once more.