Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Telepone Connection to Modem

New Poster

Telepone Connection to Modem

I am disabled and recently had my home's interior painted.  The painters got the television and the TV to work with my modem, but my telephone is now not working.  I was trying to find a schematic showing how the phone should be connected to the modem.  The phone is lighting up, and it worked before, so I don't think it's the problem,  I think it got put back together wrong, but I don't know what "right" is...

Service Expert

Re: Telepone Connection to Modem

djdinwa wrote:

I am disabled and recently had my home's interior painted.  The painters got the television and the TV to work with my modem, but my telephone is now not working.  I was trying to find a schematic showing how the phone should be connected to the modem.  The phone is lighting up, and it worked before, so I don't think it's the problem,  I think it got put back together wrong, but I don't know what "right" is...

Plug your phone into the TEL 1 jack and see if that enables the service...   if it does not, try the TEL 2 jack...   SOunds like the painters did not ppick the right jack!

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon