Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Telephony Modem

New Poster

Telephony Modem

I signed up for Triple play. Telephone is supposed to be one of them. I have had VoIP serive from Galaxy, Voipo, Vonage, Phone power for many years thru PAP2 ATA devices. It had Line 1 and Line 2. Same phone number but two individual phones. Comcast only has one of the jacks apparently programmed? But it is a cloned number of my wifes phone. Who can do the programming in order to get phone working? Line one is Comcast phone number Line two is cell phone number showing up on ID. 

I thought VoIP was if the phone is busy it goes to line two. and if on line two it goes to line one. Yes? I left Verizon because I can't hear flash tone for line two comming in. Plus I bring my old ATA device to Library or friends house and plug it in.  We have had triple play for 2 months and no calls received. Wrong number shows up. No one at Comcast understands. Well me either.  I realize I can't take a big TG-862 around with me but a tiny Linksys PAP2T/NA is so small and blue tooth ear bud is nice to have at library but having a decent phone service at home would be nice.

Tags (1)
Service Expert

Re: Telephony Modem

Russell239,

The Comcast Team available to the Forums has been alerted to your issue. Expect a reply in this thread or via Private Message.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon