Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Telephone1, Telephone2 blinking modem lights

New Poster

Telephone1, Telephone2 blinking modem lights

Both my Telephone modem lights are blinking and when I go to use my phone I get a busy signal. I tried resetting the modem 2 times with no luck. Any suggestions?
Most Valued Poster

Re: Telephone1, Telephone2 blinking modem lights

Did you just get the service hooked up?  Did the Comcast tech physically disconnect the previous service cables from the main junction to the house?
But don't take my word for it, ask a Comcast Forum Expert, or goto http://www.dslreports.com/
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Signature courtesy of Bladerunner
Regular Contributor

Hi Millunhair,

I took a look at your modem and I'm seeing a few things that might cause some concern. Specifically, the modem is having some trouble maintaining sync and there are a few timeouts. You've probably been noticing some connectivity problems with your High-Speed Internet as well.

We'd like to speak with you regarding this issue and try and get it resolved as quickly as possible for you. I will be contacting you via email to arrange to have a technician come out and fix this problem. Meanwhile, you can also contact us to expedite the process, if you like.

Geoff.

New Poster

Comcast has the worst representation of phone service!  What a joke!  How hard is it to date/time your voicemail messages?  Oops, I guess that doesn't matter because no one can call you when they constantly get a busy signal.  I never thought any service could be worse than Qwest!
Most Valued Poster

Diva20005 wrote:
Comcast has the worst representation of phone service!  What a joke!  How hard is it to date/time your voicemail messages?  Oops, I guess that doesn't matter because no one can call you when they constantly get a busy signal.  I never thought any service could be worse than Qwest!

Are you serious??  Can you call out??  I would go back to Land Line for sure!
Most Valued Poster

Diva20005 wrote:
Comcast has the worst representation of phone service!  What a joke!  How hard is it to date/time your voicemail messages?  Oops, I guess that doesn't matter because no one can call you when they constantly get a busy signal.  I never thought any service could be worse than Qwest!

Did you call them back, I have had nothing but positive results to any problem that I had, and there were not but two.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Regular Contributor

Diva20005 wrote:

Hi Diva20005,

I apologize for the problems you were having with your service while you were with us. I don't have access to all of the records from that far back, but I cannot see that any trouble tickets were ever opened for the problems that you describe. Perhaps I could take this opportunity to remind our customers to let us know if there is anything wrong with any of your Comcast services.

To answer your other question, you can hear the date and time a voicemail message was sent, as well as the number of the calling party by pressing "5" after listening to your message.

Geoff

Regular Contributor

I just found this out yesterday after my DVC started working.  You can set it an option in the DVC to tell play the time/date of the message before playing the message.  I don't remember where it is but I believe it's in the voicemail settings.  Just a checkbox you click and hit save.