Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Telephone No-Service

New Poster

Telephone No-Service

I wonder if anyone else (I'm sure I already know the answer) has had such totally lousy service.  I've been trying for a couple of days to get my phone service restored.  Two techs came today and "fixed" it, except they didn't.  They restored dial tone so I could make calls, then left and I soon discovered I had no ring.  Caller ID showed on the television screen.  Upon calling for further service, the telephone tech disconnected the dial tone, promised to call me back on my cell, never did and I'm again without service.  After another hour on the chat line, another fifteen minutes on my cell phone, I was advised that they could get to it in the next 24 to 72 hours.  In the meantime I' burning beau coup minutes (and dollars) on my cell phone.  I canceled two appointments to accommodate the techs available time today, and I'm back where I started, with tomorrow no doubt shot, too.  I was informed that it is never possible to talk to someone in the United States unless they initiate the call.  Any ideas for me, other than the one I already have and that's to cancel all my service with Infinity?

Regular Visitor

Re: Telephone No-Service

I don't have service either! Furious! Just changed from Verizon TODAY! I may switch back!

Service Expert

CapeCodCyn wrote:

I don't have service either! Furious! Just changed from Verizon TODAY! I may switch back!

The Tech who did your install didn't tell you that it cantake from 24 to 72 hours before all of ther services will go active....  it depends on your area....

Keep at it though and if it still isn't up and running later, call into COmcast and register a troubleticket so they know to send some refresh/provisining signals to your modem....

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

thank you...Comcast sent a refresh, no avail, i have a ticket #, waiting patiently for Monday for the phone system to sort out. Had i known i wouldn't be recieving phone call for a few days, i would have rethought switching to voice. Comcast should have been clear about the potencial issue. I am held hostage by Comcast. at least in the forum, i didnt have to repeat my phone number, address SS# AND THE NAME OF MY DOG after repated calls to resolve my issue. thanks for your response.
Service Expert

CapeCodCyn wrote:
thank you...Comcast sent a refresh, no avail, i have a ticket #, waiting patiently for Monday for the phone system to sort out. Had i known i wouldn't be recieving phone call for a few days, i would have rethought switching to voice. Comcast should have been clear about the potencial issue. I am held hostage by Comcast. at least in the forum, i didnt have to repeat my phone number, address SS# AND THE NAME OF MY DOG after repated calls to resolve my issue. thanks for your response.

You're welcome.... I hope that your service is repaired today!!!!

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Up and running! Monday morning as promised! I have Faith!!! thanks for checking back. Cyn