Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Telemarketing

New Poster

Telemarketing

I'm being harrassed by several telemarketers several times a day.  One in particular calls me 4 and 5 times a day.  How can I block these calls?  Their name does not come up but their number does.  I just did the *77 so maybe that will work?

Many years ago I remember being able to block numbers.  After the call I could code in something and that number could no longer get thru.  Is there something like this?  Thanks....

Problem Solver

Re: Telemarketing

Try call screening.  More info here:

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/phone/call-screening/

New Poster

Thank you!   Is there a limit to the number of phone numbers I can add?

New Poster

Comcast limits you to 12 blocked numbers.  BTW, "call screening" is identical to "call blocking", even though some Chat reps don't know.  Only difference is that call blocking requires you to manually enter the numbers (select preferences) after you log in.  Call screening shows of list of your calls, and you just check the box (select Voice after log in).

Another gambit:  use "selective call forwarding" to forward those robocalls to another telemarketer phone number.  Be very careful about the numbers you enter, and be sure to be in the "selective call forwarding" section. Or send them to your local District Attorney phone number.  Some DA's have specific numbers to use and actually encourage their use.  Get their OK first, or you could be the one in hot water instead of the illegal telemarketer creeps.

We had a barrage of calls last Friday-Saturday, but now they are down to 1 or 2 a day, which is still too many.  Good luck.

New Poster

Skorpil wrote:

I'm being harrassed by several telemarketers several times a day.  One in particular calls me 4 and 5 times a day.  How can I block these calls?  Their name does not come up but their number does.  I just did the *77 so maybe that will work?

Many years ago I remember being able to block numbers.  After the call I could code in something and that number could no longer get thru.  Is there something like this?  Thanks....

New Poster

G - Thank you so  much!  One just called me at 8 am on Saturday.  I think I'll forward the number of the one that calls me 4 and 5 times a day to this one.  These people also call all the time....even tho I tell them not to.  Of course when you're a scammer trying to part people from their money, they couldn't care less or even be concerned about "laws"....have a great day!