Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Tel1 light blinking, but no phone connected

Regular Visitor

Tel1 light blinking, but no phone connected

I just changed out my original modem with the wireless Gateway.  I have a few devices connected via wifi and one device connected via network cable and the internet is up and running just fine with all of them.  The top four lights are nice and steady (white not green, but... whatever), but the fifth light, labeled Tel1 is constantly blinking.  I do not have any phones attached to the modem/router, so I'm not sure why it is blinking.  

It's kind of annoying.  What can I do to make it stop, since I never plan to plug a phone into it?

Any help or advice would be welcome.

Regular Visitor

Re: Tel1 light blinking, but no phone connected

Really?  27 hours later and not a single response?

No wonder Comcast Customer Service is considered the worst in the world.  I realize my issue is pretty minor, but it seems like there might be an easy answer, even if that answer is "Live with it".  I guess I'll just live with it and never know if I could have done something then... shall I?

Right then.  

Thanks!

Problem Solver

It's blinking because it doesn't sense an active telephone line.

Regular Visitor

Well, yes... I understand what the blinking means. I want to know if there is a way to make it stop that does not include plugging a phone into it.
Problem Solver

Nope.  Normal.

Contributor

unfortunately, its gonna continue to blink on the phone modem that you have since you are not subscribed to phone service. do what i did if you have the room, is to spin the modem around so you cant see the lights, otherwise a nice piece of electrical tape should do the trick.