Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

TWO MONTHS OF TOTAL FRUSTRATION

Frequent Visitor

TWO MONTHS OF TOTAL FRUSTRATION

I have had digital voice and highspeed internet with comcast for two months now. I had 17 days of zero service-none. Now I have now had intermittent service for the last 5 weeks. It works when it wants to work, not when I want or need it to work. I have had 8 home visits (i.e. missed days of work-the last was two days ago) and have spent at least 40 hours on the phone with technical support. This has cost me thousands of dollars. Virtually nothing I have been told to date by Comcast has been true. People have blatantly lied to me.  Comcast customer phone support is offensive. I have spent an hour or more on the phone, on hold, told that I have reached the wrong call center waiting to talk to the right call center, only to be hung up on and then have to start all over. This has happened on multiple occasions.  I have been told at least 6 times that a "senior technician"  or "supervisor" would be the next person to come to my house.  When the technician arrives and I tell them that, they just laugh.  It is hard for me to comprehend how such an inefficient and incompetent organization can survive in a competitive marketplace.  Six years with a dsl line with vnoirtually no problems that weren't hurricane related.  If I wasn't trapped, I would be long gone, never to return. 
Regular Contributor

Re: TWO MONTHS OF TOTAL FRUSTRATION

Dear ReallyUnhappy,

I'm currently working on fixing this problem and hope to have a resolution soon. Please check your email for a message from me.

As a reminder for everyone else, the fastest way to obtain assistance is to contact us via chat or telephone. However, if you prefer, you can contact a moderator via email.

Thanks!

Richard

Security Expert

Richard_J wrote:

Dear ReallyUnhappy,

I'm currently working on fixing this problem and hope to have a resolution soon. Please check your email for a message from me.

As a reminder for everyone else, the fastest way to obtain assistance is to contact us via chat or telephone. However, if you prefer, you can contact a moderator via email.

Thanks!

Richard

Richard_J.

I notice you respond to almost everyone with the statements above, I think in this case, it may cause the OP even more frustration.
TANSTAAFL!!

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I will believe it when I see it.  Until then, you are just one more person talking jive. 
Regular Contributor

Dear CajunTek,

Please keep in mind that these posts are intended to serve at least a couple of purposes:

1. To inform all readers of the forum that we are aware of a particular problem or post, and are working to correct it.
  2. To remind all readers that they is an alternate means (often a faster method) of finding help for a chronic or severe issue.

The forums are not intended to be a substitute, but rather a complement to Customer Service; therefore, our intervention (and responses), though very necessary, cannot always be as timely or immediate as we would like them to be.

Providing a standard response at least lets the customer know that we’ve read their post and are working to correct the issue. It’s better than leaving a long lag time between post and response where the customer doesn’t know if anyone’s even read their post yet.

I hope this helps to answer some of yours, as well as any subscriber concerns. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Thanks for your post,

Richard

Regular Contributor

Message Edited by Richard_J on 03-27-2008 03:58 PM
Frequent Visitor

It's been over a week since my first post.  There has been no improvement in service, which is still erratic at best.  I was away last week and could only reach my home a few times because the service was out much of the time.  I have had a few promises from Comcast that something would be done and they would contact me to let me know, but as usual, nada, nothing, zero has changed with Comcast.  My security alarm still beeps in the middle of the night to let me know that we have lost phone service.  Real nice!
Frequent Visitor

Two weeks since my original  post i this thread and still the same old bs.  No one from Comcast has done wha they said they were going to do.  Still  not a reliable signal for voice or internet.  I would have posted sooner but it has been two days since I could get on the net. 

Frequent Visitor

Promises Promises
Richard what about your commitment to follow through to get my situation resolved. You told me that you would have a maintence team check my neighborhood to make sure it wasn't a network problem and they would contact me to let me know the results. That didn't happen. You told me you would call me until my situation was resolved.  You haven't.  Another hapless tech showed up who knew nothing about the history of my situation, apparently did his best and proclaimed it was fixed. (I have heard this ten times!) He also said he would call me the next day to make sure it was still working. He promised he would come back and give me his supervisors local extension number in case I still had a problem. Did he call me  to check or provide  his supervisor's extension? No.  Apparently his supervisor didn't want to be bothered talking to unhappy customers.  Within one day, I was back to where I started with intermittant phones and internet, more off than on.  Another tech came today (#11), and he couldn't figure out what was wrong. I heard his supervisor tell him on his Nextel that he didn't want to escalate my case.  What do I have to do to get Comcast to make this a priority?  He said that they would try to get a maintence tech out to my neighborhood to see if it  is a network problem. Sound familiar? Same old b.s., different day. Your technical support system is totally broken and a joke.  Nobody talks to anybody and nobody knows or cares what the last person did or tried. That is insanity. If Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result then you have an insane system and I am insane for thinking that comcast can provide a competent service.  And anyone who has phones that currently work and is considering switching  to Comcast to save a few bucks, should also have their head examined as well.
P.S. I have an outside office but my business office is in my home. I talk to people (by cell phone) everyday who tell me that they have been trying to reach me for weeks but my phones have been down. No wonder my business is in the toilet. Lost business, 8 lost days in my office  waiting for a tech to arrive, 40-50 hours lost time on the phone talking to comcast customer service (with just as much time on hold) =  financial devastation.  Can you run a business without phones fax or internet for three months and survive? Check back with me and I will let you know.

Security Expert

ReallyUnhappy wrote:
Promises Promises
Richard what about your commitment to follow through to get my situation resolved. You told me that you would have a maintence team check my neighborhood to make sure it wasn't a network problem and they would contact me to let me know the results. That didn't happen. You told me you would call me until my situation was resolved.  You haven't.  Another hapless tech showed up who knew nothing about the history of my situation, apparently did his best and proclaimed it was fixed. (I have heard this ten times!) He also said he would call me the next day to make sure it was still working. He promised he would come back and give me his supervisors local extension number in case I still had a problem. Did he call me  to check or provide  his supervisor's extension? No.  Apparently his supervisor didn't want to be bothered talking to unhappy customers.  Within one day, I was back to where I started with intermittant phones and internet, more off than on.  Another tech came today (#11), and he couldn't figure out what was wrong. I heard his supervisor tell him on his Nextel that he didn't want to escalate my case.  What do I have to do to get Comcast to make this a priority?  He said that they would try to get a maintence tech out to my neighborhood to see if it  is a network problem. Sound familiar? Same old b.s., different day. Your technical support system is totally broken and a joke.  Nobody talks to anybody and nobody knows or cares what the last person did or tried. That is insanity. If Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result then you have an insane system and I am insane for thinking that comcast can provide a competent service.  And anyone who has phones that currently work and is considering switching  to Comcast to save a few bucks, should also have their head examined as well.
P.S. I have an outside office but my business office is in my home. I talk to people (by cell phone) everyday who tell me that they have been trying to reach me for weeks but my phones have been down. No wonder my business is in the toilet. Lost business, 8 lost days in my office  waiting for a tech to arrive, 40-50 hours lost time on the phone talking to comcast customer service (with just as much time on hold) =  financial devastation.  Can you run a business without phones fax or internet for three months and survive? Check back with me and I will let you know.

I PM'd Richard_J for you... Hope he answers..
TANSTAAFL!!

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: NOW THREE MONTHS OF TOTAL FRUSTRATION

Oh, did I forget to mention the number of nights of lost sleep when my security alarm starts beeping in the middle of the night because my phone service went out? Chronic sleep deprevation is closer to torture than frustration.  Best of luck to all you prospective Comcast Digital Voice customers. 
Frequent Visitor

To: Griffin, Reg
Sent: Sat Apr 05 20:48:09 2008
Subject: Three Months of total frustration with Comcast

Southern Division
Reg Griffin
Vice President of Communications

Dear Reg Griffen:
Please note that this is not a press inquiry.  I have been trying  to
resolve service outages with Comcast since I had Digital voice
installed in January.  Since then I have had not one  day of constant
service, weeks of zero service and several months of intermittent
(mostly off) service.  I have had 11 home visits by well intentioned
but poorly informed technicians, all of whom left saying they they
thought they fixed the problem, until today.  This last fellow  left
saying that he didn't know, gave up and said maybe someone else could
figure it out.  I have tried courteously and professionally to get
Comcast to respond to the seriousness of my problem without any
success.  Unfortuantely, I have to say that I have been repeatedly lied
to and told something was done or would be done and it hasn't.  Today
after the 11th tech visit, I heard with my own ears the technician's
supervisor (Dion) tell him that he refused to  "escalate" my case. I
then tried to talk to him directly and he would not return my call.   I
had  already been told a dozen times that my case had already  been
escalated and that x, y or z would occur next, which never happened.
This has been a financial disaster and an emotional hardship on me and
my family.  Please feel free  to review the last month of my experience
after going public on the forums.  Prior to this, I endured at least
40 hours on the 800 service line, most of  which was offensive and
blatantly insulting.  I am at the end of my endurance with Comcast, so
if you care to intercede or have any magic for me kindly do it fast.

http://forums.comcast.net/comcastsupport/board/message?
board.id=47&thread.id=2452
Most Valued Poster

I am delighted to see that you are in the southern region. Several times in the past I have resorted to contacting Reg Griffen, and both times he got involved really quick. Mr. Griffen got in touch with the local Comcast office, someone from there called, the problems were resolved within 24 hours, and I received callbacks from the local office making sure I was satisfied. Once a tech showed up at my house, and I didn't schedule a tech visit. My issues were with cable tv, not phone. Hopefully he will once again intervene to resolve your issue ASAP.
Regular Contributor

Dear Really Unhappy,

I’m sorry that you’re frustrated and angry, but I have not broken my commitment to you, nor have I stopped working on your behalf. We spoke multiple times last week regarding your service, and I currently have a number of people working to help correct the problem. And the technician that was at your home on Friday, properly escalated the issue to a line technician for resolution. I’m sorry the technician did not follow through on his commitments to you, but I do believe he escalated the issue properly, and I’m working very hard to see that your service is working correctly.

Richard

Regular Contributor

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to bring readers of the forums up-to-date on the status of ReallyUnhappy’s service issues. After speaking with supervisory technicians in his local market, as well as with ReallyUnhappy, it appears that we have corrected his service issues. Unfortunately, ReallyUnhappy had various problems with multiple products, which in turn required intervention on several different levels that included both network and provisioning personnel.

Comcast does apologize for the difficulty in resolving his service problems, but please keep in mind that most of our subscribers experience little or no difficulty with their CDV service, and that Comcast is committed to providing the highest quality of service possible, to all of our subscribers.

Richard