Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

TV Caller ID

Regular Visitor

TV Caller ID

TV caller ID stopped working, seems to be widespread, what to do?

New Poster

Re: TV Caller ID

No caller ID on phone or TV for the past few days.

Whats the deal and how to fix?...or is this just a Comcast issue that will "fix itself"?

New Poster

No caller ID on tv.  I am reading other complaints, is Comcast doing something about this?

New Poster

YES!!! the same with me and my wife-all of a sudden,caller ID disappeared about three days ago!we rely on it, as both of us

are presently handicapped-wife recent surgery and I need to know when to help her with bags,2nd floor-typical Comcast-as no notice lost Fearnet!same bill tho!

Regular Visitor

I hope so!!!!!!  Someone sent a message before & said he waited 22 min to speak to a tech & they would make note????

Regular Visitor

I'm sorry to hear what you're going through without caller ID....Maybe it will reappear just like it disappeared.

I will call Comcast & try to find out what's going on.  Hope your wife improves with her health issue.

New Poster

Caller ID on TV is suddenly back.  Hope it is fixed and not temporary.

Contributor

now that I read this, seems like a system-wide problem, maybe Comcast is just hoping we dont notice?
Ive spent hours on the fone with techs getting the same error looked at

New Poster

Turn caller id off and next back on it worked for me

Contributor

its been working, its just cutting off the area code now

New Poster

From the TV, turn caller id off and back on. It just wored for me.

New Poster

I telephoned comcast today and spoke to Vaughn who proceeded to assist me but our phone call was disconnected and he did not even call me back.  I rebooted the tv but still no caller id this whole day and I rebooted early this morning.  As one writer noted problems no help but the "...same bill"...  Comcast, you are being paid good money by your customers how about working for that money, we all do.

New Poster

Thanks for the hint you are better than the techs.

Contributor

sadly, I have found when SOME 'techs' on the phone get frustrated & cant fix the problem, 1 of the 3 ways to not lose their job but to get you out of their hair is to reset (refresh) your modem thus 'accidentally' disconnecting your call.

1 good workaround to this is to call on a line thats NOT connected to your voice modem. I use the Voice 2Go (also called comcast Connect) app on my android cellphone & connect to the xfinity wifi thats not connected to my wifi router. The techs freak out when youre still connected when they do the reset. Smiley Happy

New Poster

MarvRollo-I finally found a way to reply to you personally; it is so difficult to reply to these messages from email, there are so many steps.  You are a genius.  I did what you suggested turning my caller id off and then back on and it worked.  Thank you very much.  MariaRajan506

New Poster

I followed your hint for turning caller id off and on and it worked.  I gave the credit to someone else.  Sorry, but in the end we all benefit from these great hints from all of you smart people out there.  MarvRollo gave an excelllent explanation on the disconnects.  Thanks all for your wonderful suggestions, you are all so smart, smarter than those "techs".

New Poster

One would think Comcast could have figured the problem out. They probably got all "techie". 

New Poster

Hi, I am new to Comcast and cannot get the caller ID on the TV's to work.  I have checked and unchecked the boxes on the X1 site and and I have restarted my modem. Any help is appreciated as this is an important function to me.

Problem Solver

gijim217 wrote:

Hi, I am new to Comcast and cannot get the caller ID on the TV's to work.  I have checked and unchecked the boxes on the X1 site and and I have restarted my modem. Any help is appreciated as this is an important function to me.

I had to call and open a ticket, then someone called back and fixed it. I think it's what they call Tier 2 support.

Good luck!

New Poster

Thanks!!

New Poster

Comcast is a joke I haven't had caller id on my Tv now for almost a year... Everytime I call after talking to someone for hours they hang up on you on purpose I've been with comcast for the last 9 years.. I think it's time for Direct Tv
Problem Solver

NYgiants13 wrote:
Comcast is a joke I haven't had caller id on myTv now for almost a year...Everytime I call after talking to someone for hours they hang up on you on purpose I've been withcomcast for the last 9 years.. I think it's time for DirectTv

UH... Direct TV does not have phone service so that won't work.  Better to get you own modem and then an Ooma box for way better phone service and support.  With Ooma you can even customize you caller ID display.

Frequent Visitor

I just dumped DirecTV was paying a service fee of $8 a monthe for service problems, had to have solar panels put on my roof. The antenna needed to be moved. DirecTV said my service conract didn't cover it .. then 2yrs was up and my bill went up another $30 after the 1 yr increase.

They have caller ID on their boxes, just have to plug a phone line in. But the box uses your phone line to call data back to them. The caller ID never worked right. If you get one of the robo calls it blows their software out of the water. Reset box necessary til next bogus call. Never fixed the problem. 

I had a new X1 package installed yesterday and CALLR ID does not work either and the new modem/wifi is slower than the old WIFI router and modem seperate from each other...

My wife has cancer and we need this so she does not have to get up and answer the phone for garbage calls.

Tags (1)