Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

TIRED OF PRICING GAMES AND SPECIALS NOT AVAILABLE TO CURRENT LOYAL CUSTOMERS!!!!

Contributor

TIRED OF PRICING GAMES AND SPECIALS NOT AVAILABLE TO CURRENT LOYAL CUSTOMERS!!!!

Is anyone else tired of the pricing game and specials with this company?  Not that we are not already nickled and dimed by them for everything, but now it's impossible to get help or a good package anymore. 

Not to mention, there have been issues with "tiling" in my area, and the service guy told me there was nothing he could do to help me and that everyone in my area was experiencing the problem and it was probably old lines.  Tiling is when you are watching TV and the picture breaks up into little squares and you lose sound until it fixes itself, which is usually anywhere from 5-15 seconds.  Anyone else having the tiling problems and what happened when your service rep told you there was nothing he could do?  This has been going on for a couple months now.

So I called today because my bill went up almost $50.  I know I had a special, and I knew it was going to end soon, but in the past, I have always been able to get another package or another special that would save me money.  When I called today I was told that the only way I would save money was to downgrade.  I asked about the specials I saw them advertise on TV and on their website and I was told that was for new customers only.  Oh, but I would be eligible for a special in 6 months.  I asked why I had to pay this inflated price for 6 months before they would give me a special, and I was told it was because I had to "prove that I was a good Comcast customer."

I was infuriated because I have been a Comcast customer for at least 10 years, and have never been late on a bill either.  I even switched my phone service to them last year, I have had internet with them for over 7 years, and I have had cable with them longer than I can remember.  Now I have to prove for 6 months that I am a good customer in order to "earn" a special.  Great.

I actually told my neighbor a couple of months ago to get the triple play with Comcast to save money and she did.  She also told me that she asked them what happens when the special is over and the prices go up and the operator actually told her all she had to do was call for a new special.  Very interesting, too bad she'll have to prove herself for 6 months before she can do that.

So I guess the next week of my life with be busy with finding new services.  I would love not to have to go through all that and stay a loyal Comcast customer, but they have given me no alternative.  I have never looked elsewhere before because I have always felt they gave me the best they could, but now with the crappy cable "tiling" that nobody can fix and now having to PROVE myself to them to save a few bucks, I don't think they're worth my LOYALTY anymore.

Anyone else feeling this too????!!!!
Security Expert

Re: TIRED OF PRICING GAMES AND SPECIALS NOT AVAILABLE TO CURRENT LOYAL CUSTOMERS!!!!

Don't Spam the forums
TANSTAAFL!!

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon