Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

THE END OF ROBOCALLS FOR COMCAST CUSTOMERS

Frequent Visitor

THE END OF ROBOCALLS FOR COMCAST CUSTOMERS

nomorobo was mentioned in a previous post. I have set it up for my phone and it WORKS great. Go to nomorobo.com and follow the simple directions. Currently, the only potential issue is, you need a smartphone in order to download the XFINITY Connect app. Why? I don't know. You don't do anything with the app. (Comcast gets you again!). Although, the app allows you to text, read your email and see if you have any voicemail.

Once you have set everything up, you get a call from nomorobo saying everything is set up.

The way nomorobo works is your phone will ring short (less than one full ring) and the incoming number is also sent to nomorobo. Their software determines if it is a robocaller, and if it is, your phone stops ringing. This is called simultaneous ringing. The technology has been around since the 1980's. Nothing appears on your caller ID. I don't know if anything appears on your TV. I haven't had the TV on when nomorobo did it's thing.

It has stopped robo calls several times for me since I set it up last Saturday.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: THE END OF ROBOCALLS FOR COMCAST CUSTOMERS

I have an android phone and I can just add a number to my contact list (I have the entry called IGNORE), then there's an option to send the calls direct to voicemail, not even a single ring. Granted, they need to call at least 1 time so I can get the number, or just get the numbers through some other means.

Not a good idea to use it if you have scheduled techs coming to your house though, as the automated system will call you, but you won't be able to answer, therefore it will cancel the tech that is supposed to come out.

Does it just use the phone number that shows on caller ID and just check it against a database of known automated dialers?

Anyway I have never had problems with Comcast calling me. Only time they call is for appointment confirmations, surveys (that you did opt in for), and issues with your account (not sales related).

Frequent Visitor

It only blocks the unwanted robocalls (those from known phone spammers).

Frequent Visitor

That is correct. Only the numbers on nomorobo's "black list" are blocked.

John3758, no number appears on your caller id. That was stated in the first message in this blog.

Silver Problem Solver

I didn't mean the number ID that shows on my phone but more the caller ID that is being passed from the caller. That information would still be there regardless of whether it appeared on my phone.
Frequent Visitor

So does nomorobo work for VOIP home lines, too? I'm confused.
Frequent Visitor

A VOIP phone is a Voice Over Internet Protocol phone. I don't know anything about them.

Do you get robocalls on VOIP phones?

If so, go to nomorobo.com, put in landline and your carrier. nomorobo will tell you if your carrier is currently supported or not. If it isn't, nomorobo will give you a phone number to call in order to tell your carrier to support simultaneous ringing.

Not too long ago, Comcast was not supported, but, apparently plenty of people complained and Comcast implemented simultaneous ringing.

Frequent Visitor

Yes. Unfortunately we do get robocalls...despite being g on every Do Not Call list possible. And collection calls for people who have never had our nu.ber.
New Poster

Will this be implemented for customers who do not have Smartphones and landlines only?

Please?

Frequent Visitor

I would like to see Comcast expand the "block" feature to more than 12 numbers.  I don't mind manually entering them, but it needs to be expanded from 12.  These robo calls, spammers, and now scammers have outnumbered the blocked option.  Please expand from 12 numbers.

Contributor

Yes, why is it that you can only have 12 numbers blocked?  I don't care that I have to enter them myself.  I have Call Blocking enabled, but calls are still coming through.  "800 Service" is not a name of any business I know of.  I almost went the nomorerobo route, but it looks like when I go to set it up, it's going to be call forwarded.  I do see though that is working people though.  We should have the choice to block what ever number we want, not the 12 Comcast allows us!

Frequent Visitor

I'd like to point out that NoMoRobo works better than it ever did, as they added some technology that screens out almost all the robocalls. It is far better than it was even just a few months ago. I highly recommend it.

New Poster

Unfortunately, I don't have a smart phone and can't access Voice2go, so I am still unable to use Nomorobo.

New Poster

*Xfinity* should block robocalls - period. Why should I pay for a phone service that interrupts me many times every day with spam, theft and etc? 

Also: most times the originating phone number is not in service (when I call it back). Comcast/Xfinity should NEVER put a call through where the originating number is not in service. They say it is not possible but a database of in-service phone numbers is easily doable. It should be illegal.

I get many calls with bogus caller IDs, including my OWN! And I pay for caller ID? Caller ID is useful *primarily** to scammers to try and trick people.

Again, I ask Xfinity/Comcast: how long do you think people will keep paying for a service that is so clearly non-functioning?

Contributor

We went to Comcast business, and their handling of our phones rates 0 on a 100 scale.

First they put our unlisted # out for all the scammers and robocallers.

Our main phone gets also gets scam calls throughout the day.

We can't use No More Robo as business customers.

The call blocking system has never worked.

Call forwarding has never worked.  So I can't forward the scammers to my local DA office which I used to do.

It is about time to find a lawyer for a class action suit!

What gives Comcast Business, are you in bed with the scammers and criminals?

Contributor

Comcast Business in its program to allow customers to get mugged 24/7 by scammers/criminals doesn't allow NoMoreRobo Calls.

Our private unlisted number got hung out to the scammers like our main line.

Call blocking doesn't work, so I can not forward the scam callers to our local DA's office!

AT&T is putting a in lot of new and big cable with supposedly a powerful internet.  Hopefully,  I will get a letter to join.

Service Expert

GrampaSpey wrote:

Comcast Business in its program to allow customers to get mugged 24/7 by scammers/criminals doesn't allow NoMoreRobo Calls.

Our private unlisted number got hung out to the scammers like our main line.

Call blocking doesn't work, so I can not forward the scam callers to our local DA's office!

AT&T is putting a in lot of new and big cable with supposedly a powerful internet.  Hopefully,  I will get a letter to join.

If you have Comcast Business Phone Service you should be posting on the Business Forums and NOT the Residential forums:  http://businesshelp.comcast.com/help-and-support

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon