Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Status of Promised October Fix to Caller ID on PC????

Frequent Visitor

Status of Promised October Fix to Caller ID on PC????

There are many threads regarding the long-running problems with Caller ID to PC application, several include a post referring to a(nother) 'fix' promised for sometime in October.

Formerly excellent contacts in the Executive Support Office have gone silent on the issue, no response to emails.  The last information provided by Comcast tried to shift blame onto a third party developer....

Is there any status update?  From Comcast?  From the rumor mill?  Anything?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Status of Promised October Fix to Caller ID on PC????

Hello,

When it comes to software updates comcast might say one thing but they are very slow in getting the product out. Like the xfinity mobile app for the blackberry os 7.0/7.1  we were told it will be out in a couple of months and it is now over a year and it is still not out.

New Poster

So If this is the attitude at comcast regarding customer service and trying to instill faith in them as a provider, Why would anybody in their right mind go for the new push feature? Home security! I mean its  one thing to have annoying roblems with your cable tv phone or internet just get a new provider, but out homes we live in security is a bit more of a priority there

New Poster

I have spent three very long and fruitless conversations with clueless tech people about this.  As of today, still no resolution.  

New Poster

I dont think they have a solution. this Company has some idea that glitzy offerings will bring in more money to them than providing actual working apps

New Poster

It used to work!  I had it on my computer a few years ago and when my hard drive failed and I replaced it, I forgot about it.  NOW I need it, and they have no freaking idea how to get it back...  which I find very odd.