Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Static on the line

New Poster

Static on the line

We're  new to Xfinity and the internet and TV service is OK, but the Voice service is terrible. Our line has had static to the point that we can't even use it sometimes.

I've called for help, but the support person always wants to reset our equipment and that has not helped. We were also told we have to have a corded phone in order for them to test the equipment. We do not have a corded phone.

Has anyone else had this issue? How did you get it resolved?

Cable Expert

Re: Static on the line

There are two reasons for static.

Cordless phone interference or poor reception between the handset and the base.  Changing channels might help.  Even the cordless phone can be failing.

or

Loose / corroded or bad connections / splices or failing telephone jacks or cords in the home.  Every jack or splice / termination will need to be gone over to troubleshoot the connection issue causing static.

It's always a good idea to have a corded phone on hand for troubleshooting.  They can be found at big box stores for less than $10.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon