Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

So how does this work?

Regular Contributor

So how does this work?

Have had CDV for a week. So far very happy. Not overly bothered by this, although the wife likes the idea of the Caller ID showing up on the TV. BUT as of today, it doesnt show on either the PC or the TV. Works perfectly on the Phones and all the calls are correctly showing in my SmartZone Logs, which would suggest to me that its all working ok at Comcasts end. So why am I not getting it on the TV or PC.

I did a quick Chat session yesterday and was told that Caller ID was turned off in my  account.( Why would it be working on the phone and in Smartzone). Told would be about 24 hours. Its about 29 hours at the moment.I have read and followed the suggestions in previous posts, Reboot Cable Box(Its Compatible) and reinstalled Software on PC.

Cant get a grip with why its working on those two areas but not the other two.

Cable Expert

Re: So how does this work?

If the CSR linked your TV, HSI and phone accounts together, then give it to Sunday evening.  If it still doesn't work, then post back and we will escillate it, as our connections to the Comcast admins have gone home for the weekend.

Otherwise, call it back in tonight, as maybe the 1st agent didn't do it properly.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the Reply. I spoke this morning to a second Rep on Chat and he tells me now that My Account does not have Rate codes for Caller ID. Just for the Phone. He says this means that Caller ID to PC and TV are not available in my area.

If this is true then so be it.

Again though not pretending to understand the technology involved, but if I get CID On my PC in Smartzone, and Through The Cable Modem To My Phone, Why doesnt it work on The CID software program on my PC. The TV doesnt say its unavailable , just that I have to have TV,Internet and Phone. Which I have.

Hmm.

Cable Expert

Your have to be in a Motorola equipped area, if you have Scientific Atlanta / Cisco equipment then the on screen caller id is not yet available.  Let us know what brand set top box you have.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

I have had Motorolas for a while.

I have Two Boxes. One HD, one Digital

The HD is a Motorola DCT 5100.

The Other a Motorola DCT 2224

Thanks