Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Smartzone doesn't recognize that I am a digital voice subscriber

Frequent Visitor

Smartzone doesn't recognize that I am a digital voice subscriber

From the Comcast.net home page, when I click on the Voice icon I am directed to Smartzone.  I see my email accounts, and under My Voicemail Accounts it has a promo that says "Not a Digital Voice Customer?"  When I click on the voice tab, I get a demo screen.

I have been a digital voice subscriber since last March.  This used to work but now doesn't.  Also, I recently assigned another of my email id's to be primary, after being assured in a chat session that it wouldn't **bleep** up the digital voice.  Did it?  Or is it just a coincidence with the "upgrade" I've been reading about?

Thanks for any help or insights...

Problem Solver

Re: Smartzone doesn't recognize that I am a digital voice subscriber

Did you try to log in with that other account to see if it works?
Frequent Visitor

Yes, I attempted to log in with the former primary account, but that fails with a warning that it is a secondary account and I can only log in with the primary.
Problem Solver

Well, then you'll need to call 1-800-COMCAST or send Zhou (Comcast employee and Admin for this board) a private message to have it looked at.
Frequent Visitor

I've already done the 1800 Comcast and a chat session without much success, other than to get to my voicemail by some other convoluted link they gave me.  Still doesn't work via normal means, though.  I'll do the email inquiry.  Thanks.
Bronze Problem Solver

Turtle63 wrote:

From the Comcast.net home page, when I click on the Voice icon I am directed to Smartzone.  I see my email accounts, and under My Voicemail Accounts it has a promo that says "Not a Digital Voice Customer?"  When I click on the voice tab, I get a demo screen.

I have been a digital voice subscriber since last March.  This used to work but now doesn't.  Also, I recently assigned another of my email id's to be primary, after being assured in a chat session that it wouldn't **bleep** up the digital voice.  Did it?  Or is it just a coincidence with the "upgrade" I've been reading about?

Thanks for any help or insights...

hi turtle,

i will have someone review this further and follow up with you.

George Lunski
"Retired" Comcast Help Forums Administrator

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon