New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

SmartZone Voice mail access

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

I just moved another phone number to Comcast. I am unable to get Voice mail or change preferences on this line. I am able to do this on the original line I have spoken to customer service 5 times to no avail. I am able to get voice mail on the phone.I would appreciate any help!

Accepted Solution

Re: SmartZone Voice mail access

Hello DBS2010,

The missing voicemail attribute has been added.  Please let us know if it is working now.

Thanks

View answer in context
Cable Expert

So you ported over a 2nd line to Comcast CDV?

Call back and make sure they added the call features (which includes voice mail) to your second line.  Call features is optional for 2nd lines and is normally about $10 a month more.  In many markets a 2nd line is about $12 without the call features, and $22 with all the call features.

Call features is optional because many subs use the 2nd line for a fax machine and don't need the features.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hello Sammyboy38,

Sorry for the inconvenience.  We've added the missing attributes and it should be working now.  Please let us know.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

At my request COMCAST changed my phone number several months ago. With the old number Voice Mail worked fine with both using the phone and going online in SmartZone. With the new phone number Voice Mail still works fine with the phone but does not work in SmartZone. The SmartZone Voice-VoiceMail page displays "Voice Mail is not available but you can still access calls logs and calling management features in the call manager preferences". I did LiveChat and got bumped up several levels after each level failed to fix the problem. Engineering was supposed to call a month ago but never did. The problem sounds like one of the earlier posts here: the Digital Voice computers see my new number as suspended; probably the sales rep who changed my number failed to activate VocieMail on my new number. I really wish COMCAST would correct this. I also have a problem with Norton Security Suite which COMCAST and Norton/Symantec have failed to fix. I want to upgrade some COMCAST services but am unwilling to do this if COMCAST cannot fix my current problems.

Official Employee

Hello DBS2010,

The missing voicemail attribute has been added.  Please let us know if it is working now.

Thanks

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Hello aorapal,

Yes, my voicemail works perfectly on SmartZone again. Thank you so much. Know anything about Norton Security Suite?

DBS2010