Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Simultaneous ringing service and robot calls

New Poster

Simultaneous ringing service and robot calls

The winner of the Federal trade Commission's contest to stop robot calls  is a company called NOMOROBO. They will start offering a free service to stop robot calls on or about October 1.Their service will require a phone service that most phone service providers offer called "Simultaneous ringing". This service will be a blessing for all home customer but Xfinity offers this service only to their business customers. They are behind the times when it comes to home customers and I hope their phones ring off the hook on October 1, 2013.. I want this service and can't get Xfinity to provide it for home.

New Poster

Re: Simultaneous ringing service and robot calls

Agreed, Comcast should support nomorobo which can potentially block most automated spam phone calls that we get.  All Comcast VoIP customers should make calls to Comcast to request they add the simultaneous ringing feature to customer phones simply for this reason alone.  It won't cost Comcast anything to add the feature for home users, in fact it could save them money in the long run by reducing these types of annoying calls and wasted time and headache for customers.

In fact, if this service really catches on and works well, Comcast should just automatically integrate this into their call screening system for all of its users.  Hey, I can dream right?

New Poster

Tired of wait lines calling Comcast customer service to join Nomorobo and stop the robocalls.  When will comcast get their act together?  It is time to move to competitors offering the block of robocalls (Simultaneous Ringing comes with their service).  You can find them at Nomorobo.

New Poster

I have triple service in the Atlanta area and had the simultaneous ringing setup on my home phone

today.   It should take affect in 24 hours. I then sent an email to NOMOROTO tellin them that comcast gave me that service.

New Poster

Comcast DOES NOT offer simultaneous ringing service to stop robocalls.

Cable Expert

There is an open thread on this topic here: http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Voice-Service-and-Equipment/NoMoRoBo/m-p/1853249#M16948

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon