New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Simultaneous ring

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Simultaneous ring

I had Vonage and switched to Xfinity Voice only because it was included in the package I upgraded to. I am very unhappy that we don't have some of the great features we had with Vonage. Our favorite feature was Simul-Ring, which instead of just forwarding calls to one number, allowed calls to ring on the home phone as well as several additional phones (i.e. our separate cell phones). I can't think of any reason Comcast can't give us some of these features too.

Accepted Solution

Re: Simultaneous ring

Comcast does and I've been using it for over 2 months since switching the landline over, they call it "Advanced Call forwarding". However you may not have it activated.

View answer in context
New Poster

I agree.  I did the same thing and simul-ring service was one of the only reason I continued with vonage as long as I did.  Comcast should offer this too!!!

Frequent Visitor

Comcast does and I've been using it for over 2 months since switching the landline over, they call it "Advanced Call forwarding". However you may not have it activated.

Regular Visitor

I do have that, it is not the same at all. SimulRing works for all incoming numbers, to up to several different phone numbers.
Frequent Visitor

I agree that there would be some differences between how one company implements a feature vs another companies implementation, however, for me, the comcast version does ring my cell with all the calls that ring the landline. Although they do only limit it to 5 phone numbers, which one slot is taken up by the phone app. Maybe that's the difference, I'm using the app, but one can also enter regular phone numbers.

Comcast also has the standard call forwarding thing too.

Regular Visitor

This Comcast feature is useless for us. The Vonage feature is perfect. We want all our calls to ring on the Voice line and on both cellphones. That way either if us can answer calls.
New Poster

I agree, the vonage system is better and different.  I went to the site to actiate advanced call forwarding, and all that does is send the call to a designated number or numbers.

Simul-Ring is really a lot cooler feature, when someone dials my Vonage number, the phone connected to the Vonage device rings, as it should and I could answer it there if I wanted to, as normal, but, I can designate up to 7 other telephone numbers to ring at the same time as the Vonage phone is ringing.  Whoever is the first person to pick up ANY of the ringing lines, will get the call and the other phones will stop ringing immediately.

This is great for me, so if I'm not in my office where the Vonage device is located currently, I can be at home, in my car, at a friends house, or ANYWHERE else, so when someone calls my Vonage number, all numbers I've designated as a Simul-Ring number, will ring, and I can answer it immediately at any location I've set up to ring.  

It appears that Advance Call Forwarding doesn't ring all the forwarded lines and the original Vonage line AT THE SAME TIME.  

Frequent Visitor

Verizon FIOS has the simultaneous rining feature which is great.  Calls to my landline ring simultaneously on up to three other phone numbers whether landline or mobile numbers. Can't understand why XFINITY Voice doesn't have this option. 

Service Expert

608hop wrote:

Verizon FIOS has the simultaneous rining feature which is great.  Calls to my landline ring simultaneously on up to three other phone numbers whether landline or mobile numbers. Can't understand why XFINITY Voice doesn't have this option. 

huh?

I have Voice-to-go enabled and my cellular phone rings INSTANTLY when my home phone rings....

Please look into this further.....

Good luck!

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the tip.  I'll certainly try Voice2Go to see whether my Xfinity landline will ring simultaneously on my Verizon landline and my smartphone. 

Frequent Visitor

I downloaded Voice2go & Xfinity Connect and am very happy now with my phones ringing simultameously. A neat feature is the additional landline phone number option. Thx again for the tip.
Service Expert

608hop wrote:
I downloaded Voice2go & Xfinity Connect and am very happy now with my phones ringing simultameously. A neat feature is the additional landline phone number option. Thx again for the tip.

You are most welcome!

-=Geek=-

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Well, the Voice2G/Xfinity Connect simultaneous ring feature worked initially (once) but doesn't work anymore for some strange reason.  When I want to access "Advanced Call Forwarding" under "Preferences" in VOICE, it keeps saying "temporarily unavailable" and when I click on EDIT the following message appears:

"Sorry, there was a problem retrieving your Advanced Call Forwarding settings. Please contact Comcast Customer Care with the following message: 'No SNS phone numbers configured'."

So I used the Xfinity "chat" feature and chatted online with 5 different analysts who switched me back and forth between VOICE and INTERNET support people who were all totally clueless.  I gave up after having wasted an hour with these "analysts."

Do you have any suggestions about what the problem might be and how to fix it? I've deleted the Xfinity Connect app from my Android smartphone, deleted Voice2Go, downloaded the Connect app and Voice2Go again without resolving the problem. Many thanks in advance for any help.

geek46 wrote:

608hop wrote:

You are most welcome!

-=Geek=-

Frequent Visitor

Just want everybody to know that the "No SNS numbers are configured" problem in Advanced Call Forwarding of Voice2Go got solved by a very competent Technical Support staff.  You have to call them to fix it; it is not a DIY thing.  Their number is: 877 761 5015. 

New Poster

Is this thread still open? I found it while searching for simultaneous ring. Here's what's going on:

We have a small part time home business, with Xfinity Voice as the land line, and cell phones with Verizon. We also have an 800 number that we got through RingCentral, because at the time, they were the only way we could get simultaneous ring. If we don't pick up the phone fast, our potential clients will just call someone else, so we need simultaneous ring, not call forwarding.

But if this "Advanced Call forwarding" works reliably and is indeed simultaneous ring, we might save some money and get rid of RingCentral.

So the questions are: COULD we port our 800 number over to Comcast, THEN drop RingCentral, AND use this "Advanced Call forwarding" to simultaneously ring one or two cell phones?

Regular Visitor

I don't think it works the way you want, but if I'm wrong, please post an update.
Frequent Visitor

Suggest you call the tech support number I poster. Please do not talk to a "relationship agent". They are clueless. Good luck.
Regular Visitor

608hop wrote:
Suggest you call the tech support number I poster. Please do not talk to a "relationship agent". They are clueless. Good luck.

Getting past the first "layer" of tech support is often the biggest challenge. What magic phrase do you use to bypass the "relationship agent" that you suggest we should avoid?

New Poster

Install Voice 2 go on your smartphone.  Go all the way through the setup, you will get a confirmation call.  Once that is done Advanced Call forwarding will be enabled in your account.

Advaned Call forwarding uses VOIP and is simultaneous ring.  Cell phone rings at the same time your home phone, maybe even a bit ahead depending on network connections, etc.

Regular Visitor

This would work fine, except for two problems. 1. My smart phone is not supported. 2. My husband doesn't use a smart phone, just a regular cell phone. So this really doesn't work at all for some people.

Service Expert

dreamyaj wrote:

This would work fine, except for two problems. 1. My smart phone is not supported. 2. My husband doesn't use a smart phone, just a regular cell phone. So this really doesn't work at all for some people.

I believe you can go into the website, under Voice Settings and ADD another number that will RING when your home phone is called..... I did!

-=Ray=-

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

No magic phrase, sorry. Perhaps it was the desperation in my voice that got me through to tech support for "voice." By the way it is still working. Keep trying. Good luck.
Regular Visitor

You can only put in one number, which was how this all started. Smiley Happy
New Poster

I was more trying to give those who own a smartphone very specific statement about how to get Nomorobo working.

If you do not own a smartphone you basically have a couple of options:

- Go find a friend that will let you use their smartphone.  I know this does not seem right at first, and crappy that this is the answer, and I feel for you on it.  But having read a lot of the horror stories, this is not that bad of an option.  After you get VOIP enabled on your account you can uninstalled from your friend smartphone.  

- You can instlal bluestacks on a windows pc.  Bluestacks is an Andriod smartphone emulator.  This can be very technical to get setup and there are issues in getting bluestacks to work weill with google play, which is the only place you can download Voice2Go.

- Work your way through comcast levels 1 and 2 support.  You will have to be very very dillgent to get this path to be productive.  You are basically trying to get a feature in the normal phone setup turned on, that feature is usually turned on by installing Voice 2 go application.  Those teams are going to have a lot of fun forwarding you from one side to the other.  

As soon as the normal voice team sees you are trying to get "Advanded Call Forwarding" going, they are immediately going to give you the "You have to install Voice 2 go" answer.  Any additional questions and they are going to forward you to Voice 2 go app team.

Voice 2 go app team finds out you do not have a smartphone and want this "voice" feature installed.  They are going to go to the "We are the Voice 2 go app team, we can only help you with installing and working with that application."  then they will forward you to the voice line team.

If you stay with it long enough, demand that you not be forwarded to Voice 2 go team and work your way to 2nd level at the voice team you should be able to get them to turn this on, without a requirement for a smartphone.

Not trying to make exuses for comcast.  Just trying to give you a sense of how this typically plays out.  

Best of luck

New Poster

Get him a smartphone they are dirt cheap now and there really is no reason not to have one.