Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Share Phone Jack with the Modem

New Poster

Share Phone Jack with the Modem

I have recently had my comcast cable, tv, internet installed. I have the modem in my home office. The cable connection is connected there. This modem is also service up the phine service to all jacks in my house. The phone line cord is plugged into the modem and then into the phone jack in my home office.

I work from home and have just bought a high quality speaker phone.  This is a corded phone, i.e. no cordless handsets. Can I share the wall phone jack that my modem is plugged into? Could I put a phone line splitter into the wall jack and then plug the modem into it and my phone into the splitter?

Email Expert

Re: Share Phone Jack with the Modem

Yes, I think that should work.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Re: Share Phone Jack with the Modem

I have my phone service directly connected to my cordless phone, I bought a fax machine, so what I did was buy a phone splitter of sorts, plugged it directly into my emta and put both my fax and my cordless base station into it and it's worked without issue.  I would say you'd be fine to run yours that way.