Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Service shut down

New Poster

Service shut down

My service was deactivated due to non-payment.  I thought I had signed up for autopayment - twice.  The first time I discovered it on my own with no problems.  I paid in full immediately and signed up AGAIN for auto payment.  The second time comcast shut everything down.  I had received no notices that I was behind.  I was able to pay via the internet because comcast directs you to their payment page and nothing else.  I paid in full immediately again.  Cable and internet was restored in a few minutes time.  I thought everything was fine.  A few hours went by and I tried to make a phone call.  I was rerouted to their automated billing dept.  I was told I had to pay another $122.xx.  I had already paid $3xx.xx and thought I was up to date.  I paid anyway, waited, and tried to make another call.  I was rerouted again and told I owed a dollar.  I spoke with someone and asked what was going on.  She said something about it needed to be switched back on and give it a while.  I waited and was rerouted again and told I owed $3xx.xx All totaled, I was asked to pay more than all the service combined since I signed up even if penalties were added - 5 months).  That made no sense so I got a human (20 min. minimum hold).  I was told to pay my bills on time and it wouldn't happen.  When I said that I had enrolled in autopayment and never received a bill she adjusted her attitude - a little.  She enrolled me in autopayment and said I might have to wait up to 48 hours to be reactivated.  It's well into the 3rd day now.  Each time I try to make a call I'm rerouted to xfinity.  I'm not being asked to pay anything anymore, but I'm asked if I'm calling to order the latest movie.  After 30 minutes of pressing numbers and hold I get to speak to a human who tells me it takes up to 48 hours - if they don't hang up on me as soon as I say hello.   Ugh!  How hard is it to get the stupid phone back on?

New Poster

Re: Service shut down

Everything is fixed for now.  I spoke with a total of about 8 people in all and was on the phone for at least 6 hours and service was out for about 3 days.  I freely admit to doing 2 things wrong.  I trusted xfinity to actually enroll me either of the 2 times I submitted the forms for automatic payment.  I didn't check my credit card and notice that something was missing (I scan it to see that nothing is added).

For the hassle, my bill was reduced by a whole 2.xx for the 3 days the phone service was out.  I also won the argument that the late fee of $9.50 should be waived since I was never notified in any way that I was behind in my payments.  The last person I spoke with tried to tell me that I that the past due notice would have popped up when I logged on to by account.  I was on my account less than a week ago and never saw the notice.  I never use the comcast e-mail, but did check it this morning - no notices.  The woman on the phone was condescending and acted as if she was bending the rules to be nice to me.  

Is there a requirement that the majority of customer service agents for phone companies be jerks?  I understand that they can't admit that their precious company does anything wrong, but acting like they're doing me a favor for doing the right thing isn't necessary.  Over 6 hours on the phone and no service for 3 days and they give me a whole $13.xx off.  Thanks.

New Poster

Re: Service shut down

Call BPU  the number is on your bill.   Better yet, register complaint online with BPU