Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Service or lack thereof

New Poster

Service or lack thereof

On Monday morning, a Comcast repaiman came to the front door and asked permission to enter my backyard to get to the phone tower and correct a neighbor's telephone problem.  No problem,

Several hours later, around noon, I tried to make a call and there was no dial tone.  I tried all of the phones in the house. 
No dial tone on any of them.  I called Comcast (using my neighbor's cell phone) and spoke to a Customer Care representative.  I explained what had happened (probably due to the Comcast repairman's error), and asked to have my service restored that same day.  I told the representative that without telephone service, and with my wife a cancer patient who requires almost constant contact with the 1/2 dozen or so doctors she goes to, that it was very important that service be restored ASAP.  We were told that the earliest would be the next day, Tuesday.

OK.  I took a non-paid day off to wait for a Comcast repairman. (I'm STILL waiting as of Wed. 3pm.)  I called during the day to get an approximate time for the guy to get to my house.  I was told the routing is done by Dispatch and I couldn't get a specific time.  I called again in mid-afternoon and was told a repairman checked the line from the outside and that there was a problem.  NO SH&T there's a problem.  I asked why he didn't come to the house to check INSIDE to find the problem.  I didn't get a straight answer.  I called again at around 5:30pm to find out when he'd be at the house.  I was told I'd have to wait half an hour before I could call back and get in touch with Dispatch, (as if the guy would really show up in that half an hour!!!)

At 6:15pm I called Comcast again and was told the guy would be to the house by 8:00pm.   I left the house after supper.  My wife was home.  At 10:00pm when I got back to the house, she said nobody had shown up.  (Gee what a surprise!)

I called Comast again, asked to speak to a suoervisor.  I explained the medical problems my wife has and that I had already lost a day without pay. She said the call was rescheduled for today between 2pm and 5pm.  I asked her who rescheduled the appointment, since nobody showed up or even had the courtesy to call and let us know,  She wouldn't tell me who or why the call was reacheduled.  She got me so mad that I cursed at her (and then apologized).  I asked for a Corporate phone number so I could lodge a complaint.  She told me to write a letter.  Wow! these Customer Care people sure are compassionate.

My wife called this morning and asked for a priority service call because of her medical condition and that fact that we'd been out of phone service since Monday morning.  No priority for her.  Wait till the 2pm time.  Well, I rushed home to get here by 2:45pm so she could go to the Kidneys doctor.  Here I sit.  Waiting, still, for someone to shop up. 
Frequent Visitor

Re: Service or lack thereof

i was without my phone for 5day the same happen to me on the 4 day the teck. told me it was on there end do to changes they made it took about 125phones out of service it took comcast from thurs. to mon. to fix it
Email Expert

Moved from Digital Voice Center forum, since this has nothing to do with the DVC web site.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I am posting this in hopes it will help you improve your service.
Your technician came out to install my new internet service and Voip service. I already had digital tv service for two years.On 01/11/2007 He installed the Motorola SBV5220 VoIP cable modem. On the day of the installation the internet service worked immediately, VoIP service had dial tone with dead air after dialing. Technician said it will be on soon and he went outside to disconnect my verizon service.You have provisioning issues. I have a backround in telecommunication network switching operations. I reconnected my verizon service the next day and disconnected my phone line from your modem. I can call out but not receive calls this tells me that verizon has already released the phone# to your switch. My internet service went out on the cable modem 01/12/2007 at 16:37- so someone at you organization removed me from the access listing. I can still get DHCP assignment for IP address and DNS assignment so connectivity was there. All of this to say this is an avoidable situation.

Reference trouble ticket #079706332-for phone service issue -Should be resolved in
24 hours as per Rep from comcast 01/12/2007 20:43-

Reference trouble ticket #079706589 -for internet service issue - Should be resolved in
24-48 hours as per Rep from comcast 01/12/2007 20:45-

Comcast Service Representative
Damien Bailey
Ext.7198

Error Type: CD-4.0.1_RC4-6-005
DETAILOST FAILED
url:https://ppactserv.comcastsupport.com/servlet/magcsasservlet
xml:attsa 01/13/200701:03:14 2.0 win 32 not-set

Message Edited by newbie2cc on 01-12-200707:22 PM

Regular Contributor

Hi newbie2cc,

I apologize for the problems you were having with your installation. Your diagnosis of the problem was correct: there were provisioning issues with account, but they should have been resolved now so if you have disconnected the Verizon service once more and reconnected the modem everything should be working properly.

I would like to thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We are continually working to improve our provisioning quality control procedures to prevent issues like this from happening and I will ensure that your particular complaint is brought to the attention of the right person.

Although it sounds like you are experienced with this kind of work, if you have not reconnected the modem and are at all uncomfortable connecting things up again, please contact me and I will make the arrangements for another technician to come out to your home.

I also did some investigation on your high-speed internet service and it looks like everything should be working fine. If you are continuing to have problems in that department, please call 1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278) and a High-Speed Internet representative will assist you.

Thanks for the post!

Geoff.

Contributor

--  off-topic post removed  --

Message Edited by Jason1 on 01-23-2007 10:49 AM