Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Separate billings(2) from existing single account

New Poster

Separate billings(2) from existing single account

My cousin will be living in our basement temporarily. Our house, including the basement, is currently is wired for X-finity triple play throughout. Can we set up an account for her that would keep her phone, internet, cable separate from our billing account. Perhaps some kind of splitter? If so, how much would that cost?

Thanks 

Official Employee

Re: Separate billings(2) from existing single acco

I believe that it is possible, but you would have to speak to our sales department to confirm.  They would have to create a new account there, and then we would have to get a tech out, to run another line to the house and make sure the wiring for the basement area was seperated from the rest of the house.

Your cousin could then get a triple play, or whatever services she needs seperate from your existing service.

If instead you just get an additional box(es) for the TV(s) down there, then your cousin could get TV service for just the rental price of the box(es).  Then they could connect to your existing Internet and phone service.

If you wanted to keep the phones seperate, you can add an additional line, and they can use that instead.

This way, she would end up paying less, but all the services are on one bill and you would have to split them up manually.

Personally, I would recommend the second option, because it would allow her to get the services at a lower rate.

Comcast Nick
Supervisor
Executive Customer Relations

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon