Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Security threat and violation of privacy

New Poster

Security threat and violation of privacy

We got a call this morning at 7:15 am, a man posing as Comcast technical support.  The background noise sounded like a restaurant or coffee shop, He asked for me by name, asked for confirmation that I was a comcast internet customer, and then asked me to turn on my computer.  I kept him on line for about 5 minutes until he disconnected.  His caller ID showed as +1036 036.  I consider this a significant security event that should be important to Comcast and to Comcast customers.  I would appreciate a call from an authorized Comcast Security agent.

Service Expert

Re: Security threat and violation of privacy

dan_gray wrote:

We got a call this morning at 7:15 am, a man posing as Comcast technical support.  The background noise sounded like a restaurant or coffee shop, He asked for me by name, asked for confirmation that I was a comcast internet customer, and then asked me to turn on my computer.  I kept him on line for about 5 minutes until he disconnected.  His caller ID showed as +1036 036.  I consider this a significant security event that should be important to Comcast and to Comcast customers.  I would appreciate a call from an authorized Comcast Security agent.

You need to call Comcast directly and report this.... the +1036 is indicative of a foriegn country or a spoofing program running when he made the call... these forums are NOT direct links to Comcast.... these are user-to-user forums, populated by end users of Comcast services just like you.

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Valued Contributor

FYI- Comcast does have proactive technical support ( I believe it is called node health? ) that will contact you if the levels on your equipment are off trying to fix the issue basically before you notice it. It is possible it was them.

That being said (again) ....if your not comfortable giving out information dont 

New Poster

reported to

abuse@comcast.net