New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Security PIN

ANSWERED
Contributor

Security PIN

I got a message to call 1-800-COMCAST to get a security PIN. I was told that the installer would provide it today when the voice service was installed. The installer said he does not have access to security PINs. We called 1-800-COMCAST together and were told that it would be escalated to Tier 2 and someone would call shortly with the PIN. That was 5 hours ago. I need to be able to transfer my incoming calls to my cell phone and I can't without the security PIN. How do I get this PIN?

Accepted Solution

Re: Security PIN

Security PIN is mailed via postal mail in 1-2 weeks after starting phone service. It is not given by the tech and the agents in the call center (and therefore, tier 2), cannot see it, they can only remail it.

Not sure what that has to do with call forwarding though, just pick up the phone dial *72 then the number you want to forward to, then *73 to turn back off.

These are customer to customer message boards. There are a few employees that roam the boards, and their usernames are in the color RED.

If you found my post to be helpful, please click the kudos button, and if I answered your question, please click "mark as solution".

View answer in context
Silver Problem Solver

Security PIN is mailed via postal mail in 1-2 weeks after starting phone service. It is not given by the tech and the agents in the call center (and therefore, tier 2), cannot see it, they can only remail it.

Not sure what that has to do with call forwarding though, just pick up the phone dial *72 then the number you want to forward to, then *73 to turn back off.

These are customer to customer message boards. There are a few employees that roam the boards, and their usernames are in the color RED.

If you found my post to be helpful, please click the kudos button, and if I answered your question, please click "mark as solution".

Contributor

Thanks for the call forwarding info. How would I have known that if you didn't tell me? That's the only feature I use so I don't care about the PIN. BTW, it says that the PIN can be e-mailed if the e-mail address is older than 30 days. I've had my comcast e-mail address since 1999! Why was I told that Tier 2 would call me with the PIN?

Silver Problem Solver

The phone service itself as well needs to be greater than 30 days old, then it can be sent via email. Not sure why people are saying that the tech or the agents will give it to you.

Depending on the area you may have been given a welcome kit, but lots of areas are trying to phase those out in favor of just using the internet.

Contributor

I was given nothing except for a bunch of incorrect information. This was the second time in 3 days that someone at 1 800-COMCAST gave me incorrect information. It doesn't inspire customer confidence. I was on chat with another one a few days ago about a different issue and she was a total moron. I've gotten more help here and on Twitter than anywhere else.

Contributor

A Twitter support tech requested a PIN for me. The next day, it was sent by e-mail. Two days later, I received it in the mail. Today, a tech from Comcast called me to "set up the PIN."  I told her that she was a week late. Two hours later, I received a survey from Comcast. I told them everything I've been saving up for the past 10 days. The PIN was a small problem compared to the other problems I've had with the new service. Eventually, everything will work but, for now, it's still frustrating when you get incorrect information from phone support people. I've gotten more help from these Forums and from Twitter support than I've gotten from phone support -- with one exception.

New Poster

I totally don't understand this pin stuff, first of all I don't transfer my phone calls from my home too my cell phone. Second if you limit me on billing and payment due to I did not enter a pin number then I will not be able too pay the bill!!!  I have called 5x spoke with you 1-8--com-cast custmer service reps and nothing they tell me that they will take care of it on their end that I don't need too do anything yet I still can't view my bill and I do not want too transfer my land line too my cell so please help or fix it.  This information givin is not even right.  The link you tell customers too use too enter your pin number which has expired now! that site is not available.  I would like a answer too this and some kind of correct information to help thank you