Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Secure Phone Line

New Poster

Secure Phone Line

Soon I will have comcast voice service. Currently I have Centurylink service with  two landline/direct connect phones plus Three radio/remote phones. I use the "landline phones" when giving out private info so as not to broadcast all over the neighbohood. My Question. Will comcast phone service send out my private information over the internet?

Cable Expert

Re: Secure Phone Line

Comcast Digital Voice does not use the internet for it's VOIP service.  CDV is transported over Comcast's own internal IP network until it either reaches another CDV subscriber, or leaves the Comcast network over gateways to connect to the public telephone network to reach traditional phone subscribers.

Your CDV call can not be intercepted over the internet.

If you call another VOIP subscriber who uses Vonage or another similar service that does use the internet, then there is the slim possibility it could be intercepted between Vonage's gateways and the VOIP subscriber, but is highly doubful that it would happen.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon