Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Second Phone Line - incomplete installation

New Poster

Second Phone Line - incomplete installation

I recently subscribed the comcast service and had ordered 2 home phone lines.  The installation date was May 13th.  Unfortunately, the installation engineer was only able to install the first line, he could not work out how to do the second line.  The installation engineer (Sam Y) asked us to call him to organize another time for him to come back and complete the installation.  We called 3 times and he never returned our call.

Since then I have had a second engineer come and he also could not figure out how to install the second line.  He told me that his supervisor (Joe Foster) and Sam Y would come back and finish the installation in 2 days - unfortunately, they did not.  Of course I rang Joe Foster's number several times and left messages but have not had a response.

I have also communicated via the chat service twice to explain the issues, they have told me each time that someone would call within 24 hours and explained this had been escalated to a higer level.  Unfortunately, no one has called.  I have the saved pdf's of the chat sessions.

Can anyone who has experienced a similar issue advise me on how you got the installation moving?  

Were you at all able to speak to someone in authority who did anything about this, if so how?

Thanks

Harry

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Second Phone Line - incomplete installation

A 2nd phone line is no different than a 1st. Plug a phone jack into the tel 2 port on the modem, and split it off from there as needed.

Connection Expert

FWIW, I believe that a second line has to be provisioned for service in the account database that is associated with the eMTA in order for the "line # 2" jack to be active. Can someone please correct or confirm ?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Silver Problem Solver

EG wrote:

FWIW, I believe that a second line has to be provisioned for service in the account database that is associated with the eMTA in order for the "line # 2" jack to be active. Can someone please correct or confirm ?

Yep, just like the tel 1 jack, tel 2 needs provisioned too. Altough if the tech knew how to provisionon line 1, I assume he would know how to provision the second line. 

New Poster

I got my install for the triple play a week ago now and asked for a second line for my Mom's phone number since she moved in with us.  She also has Comcast for her phone but moved out of her house.  I have talked to probably 20 comcast idiots on the phone to port her old number to my house and none of them know how to do that.  I have been on the phone every night for 45 minutes.  I get told that she can't terminate her service till they have her number here.  Then I get told "someone else has her number".  And then I say that it's my mom.  And they say, "Why didn't she end her service.?"  I have never seen a company with more people that don't know what they are doing.  I would still have Uverse if they went to my new house but they don't.  Now I'm paying $300 for my new install and was told $220 two weeks ago.  But I guess that would be a different thread.  I have to call Comcast again and talk to billing for 45 minutes now.