Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Scientific Atlanta Boxes

Contributor

Scientific Atlanta Boxes

I just spent the better part of this morning trying to get caller ID to come up on my computer (caller ID isn't available on my TV in this area)

So, I downloaded the program, initialized it, signed in and tested it

Nothing

I called tech support and Hodgie from somewhere in Bangladesh answered and assured me that it would work, it merely had to be initialized on his end.....

After a few minutes, he said he took care of it and it would be would working in 30 minutes to an hour

After about 6 hours I called again, as it still wasn't working and I was then advised by Sean that this feature wasn't available in my area.   No surprise there.....

NONE of the wonderful features that everyone else gets for the same price I pay (or less) work in this area

To make matters worse, the first tech flat out lied to me

If I wanted someone to take a leak on my shoes and tell me it's raining I'd go to a political rally.   At least there I'd get free coffee and donuts.

Why doesn't anything work here?

Why don't you upgrade this area to something besides these antiquated scientific atlanta boxes?

Why do I pay the same as people who get ALL the features (remote dvr access, caller ID on TV, and just about anything TV related that you offer) while I get NONE of them

Now it seems the computer is in the mix as well, and that doesn't even go through the crappy S/A box

Are you trying to get the people in this area to go to FIOS?

Or is it that you just don't care?

Does anyone even read these?

If so, I'd love a response, even if you can't answer any of my questions

Just lie to me, like Comcast Tech Support

That way I would know I didn't send this mail blindly into cyberspace

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Scientific Atlanta Boxes

Hello,

In order for it to work it first has to work on your tv. You need a motorola or a pace set top box and you need xfinity triple play.